ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

You see, LaRussa knew by experience that it was the 8th inning that was the trouble inning this year so it did not matter what he did in the 7th.  It actually was a very sound strategy if you think about it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

People have been pointing out the lack of shifting by the White Sox all season long. Turns out, defensive shifts are important. Turns out, not shifting properly can cost you runs. And wins.

I really hope TLR gets his stupid drunken ass arrested for drunk driving again after this season, and the Sox are forced to can him. Because my biggest fear is that this piece of shit sabotages this team for the next few years. There's zero chance Reinsdorf allows him to be fired.

Underrated aspect of the Sox pitching striking out so many guys this year was that they got away with poor shifting more than most would

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This was a toss up game, HFA could have easily mattered

It doesn't stop us from playing out of position, Tony from making the Cesar decision, or his bullpen management.  If none of that changes, it doesn't change the outcome.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Moncada said:

The Fuck TLR Crew is about to gain a lot of new members 🤣

(Proud member since April)

I was a fuck TLR member before he was even hired. I hated the hire at the time, and I've hated his management most of the season. He cost the White Sox several games, and this game is a perfect example of WHY he's a bad manager. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Regardless every button the manager pushed was precisely the wrong one.  Can't get away with that against good to great teams on the road in the postseason.  You also have a hard time winning without an ace pitcher who can completely shut down the other team...

You mean like Gerrit Cole?   Doesn’t always work 

People have been pointing out the lack of shifting by the White Sox all season long. Turns out, defensive shifts are important. Turns out, not shifting properly can cost you runs. And wins.

I really hope TLR gets his stupid drunken ass arrested for drunk driving again after this season, and the Sox are forced to can him. Because my biggest fear is that this piece of shit sabotages this team for the next few years. There's zero chance Reinsdorf allows him to be fired.

I hate being hamstrung by the very top of the organization.  I have felt this way ever since I was old enough to understand how baseball teams worked.

The Sox should have dominated this divison since 1990.  Instead it's been CLE and MIN, and DET have been the big spenders.  Sox have one title.  What a fucking joke.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

At the very least we need a bullpen voodoo/witch doctor/shaman.

Maybe Cotts and Politte can be honorary advisors.

Once again.  Just because you have a fond memory of yesteryear doesnt make the player a good coach.  The Big Hurt might be the best hitter that I have seen with the sox, it doesnt mean he can teach it.  Robin Ventura was one of my favorite players, he was a bad manager.

Great Player != Good or competent coach

3 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Anyone who thinks the main reason we are down 2-0 in this series is because we didn't have HFA should stop watching baseball.

The reasons the Sox are down 2-0 in this series are:

There are too many hitters while, each individually are good, collectively don't hit right-handed pitching well enough and hit too many ground balls.

Not strong defensively

Pitchers walked too many guys

• Like 1

I was a fuck TLR member before he was even hired. I hated the hire at the time, and I've hated his management most of the season. He cost the White Sox several games, and this game is a perfect example of WHY he's a bad manager. 

I ran a poll in October, and 91% here either wanted AJ Hinch or someone else, 9% wanted La Russa.

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

The reasons the Sox are down 2-0 in this series are:

There are too many hitters while, each individually are good, collectively don't hit right-handed pitching well enough and hit too many ground balls.

Not strong defensively

Pitchers walked too many guys

Also bad shifting, and the randomness of a short series going against them in almost every way (bad managerial decisions, seeing-eye hits)

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Once again.  Just because you have a fond memory of yesteryear doesnt make the player a good coach.  The Big Hurt might be the best hitter that I have seen with the sox, it doesnt mean he can teach it.  Robin Ventura was one of my favorite players, he was a bad manager.

Great Player != Good or competent coach

I was being sarcastic...but hard to imagine much worse results from such an overhyped pen.

Just now, wegner said:

Anderson batting .444

Robert .833

Abreu .571

Grandal .000

One of these things does not go together, One of these things does not belong

Yaz was real close to untying this game in the 7th. The ball he hit was a much harder play than the one Leury missed. He hasn't showed up, but it's not because he's not hitting the ball.

Just now, almagest said:

Also bad shifting, and the randomness of a short series going against them in almost every way (bad managerial decisions, seeing-eye hits)

The “seeing eye hits” are all on one side because the manager believes shifting guys into the way of those hits is a bad thing.

• Like 1