ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

My Mom loved the Sox but died in Feb. 2005 and never saw a White Sox World Championship. We did go to the 2nd game of the 1959 World Series with my favotite uncle.

So cool man. Hope you cherish those memories

• Like 2

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

This game is way more on Hahn than it is TLR though. I mean this team is fool proof with a remotely competent 2B and RF. Or really just one of the two.

I refuse to believe anything is TLR proof after watching him handle this pitching staff.

• Thanks 1

This game is way more on Hahn than it is TLR though. I mean this team is fool proof with a remotely competent 2B and RF. Or really just one of the two.

Last offseason should have been so easy for any GM, yet signing Eaton early was so fucking bad.  Don’t worry, people will blame Kenny instead

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Our pitching has been ass this series. 5 runs ain't great, but had we pitched better we might have won this game. TLR also helped put it away with that dumbass decision to have Leury in RF.

Who wins a series hitting only singles.  Hitting, pitching and defense has been ass.  We have done nothing better than meh this series.  

Just now, harkness99 said:

the entire game plan for this season was a failure... injuries happened but TLRs punting a game every week ended up being costly.

starting these two games at home would have been a big difference.

These two games could have been played at Mars.  We'd be 0-2 anywhere we'd played 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox can still make this a series. They really are a different team at home. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see them push this series to 5. Just not sure how they win in Houston with TLR in charge. 

They wont win in Houston. If they win the next two games, it’s just more proof that they should’ve tried to earn home-field advantage instead of punting every other game 

• Like 2

Rick Hahn still has to get approval from KW and JR.  Again, how is letting Hahn go a good thing if you're going to keep KW and KR?  Look at the Sox extensions resutls under Hahn vs. KW.  I would argue that Hahn has been as good or better of a GM than KW.  I think his extensions of Sale, Q, and Eaton are the best FO moves the org has made since the championship in 2005.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Abreu was trash in the postseason last year, and he can't do better than that?  He's the lead guy at the forefront of our giant 1B/DH monster. Time to go kick the can down the road Jose.  Yeah it sucks, yeah the biz is brutal, see ya later.  If the Sox can go from Frank to Thome they can let Abreu go.  See ya.  Thanks for all of the highlights during losing seasons but see ya.

the level of fucking idiocy that this board can bring out never ceases to amaze.

Jose was 2-4 with an rbi today and yesterday had the only rbi.

so he strikes out in a game that was already over but he is the problem?

rofl

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Nope. They’re a better defense, better coached and better positioned. No difference in luck to my eyes, they made their own luck.

On defense? Absolutely. They made every play they needed to for the most part, and were positioned well. When hitting? Eh. They had a good approach to find holes but hitting weak grounders that just ended up where the fielders weren't has a big luck component to it.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox can still make this a series. They really are a different team at home. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see them push this series to 5. Just not sure how they win in Houston with TLR in charge. 

I agree, but Tony is a big roadblock to overcome whether home or away.  That being said, I ain’t quitting yet.

• Like 1

Just now, Quin said:

I refuse to believe anything is TLR proof after watching him handle this pitching staff.

The thing is, this team wins games despite TLR.  His decisions absolutely crush the team in close games.  Imagine how many more games they would have won with a decent manager? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3