Jump to content
Heads22

ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Recommended Posts

Fine; I'll be at work so the rest of you play nice

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be at work as well....will try to follow along on the Gamethread.  I'll hang up and listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'll be at work as well....will try to follow along on the Gamethread.  I'll hang up and listen.

Somehow 7 of the 9 members on my team are on DTO tomorrow, but I'm not. That said, with 7 of 9 members on DTO, I'm going to be taking a half day in which the second half of my day my computer is on but if no one reaches out to me, I won't be finding other work to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s GO! Lots of pressure on Houston. They need to win one of the next three if they want to force a game 5. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Somehow 7 of the 9 members on my team are on DTO tomorrow, but I'm not. That said, with 7 of 9 members on DTO, I'm going to be taking a half day in which the second half of my day my computer is on but if no one reaches out to me, I won't be finding other work to do.

Let's hope Giolito gives us what we think he can.  I'd love to be able to watch Sunday night all tied up.

Interested to see the lineup for tomorrow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Let’s GO! Lots of pressure on Houston. They need to win one of the next three if they want to force a game 5. 

pressure is on us until we start winning

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, wegner said:

Let's hope Giolito gives us what we think he can.  I'd love to be able to watch Sunday night all tied up.

Interested to see the lineup for tomorrow. 

SS TA

CF Robert

1B Abreu

C Yasmani

LF Eloy

3B Moncada

RF Engel

DH Vaughn

2B Leury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bold prediction. Giolito is going to have a McCullers performance against them.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don’t make me cry/break a controller. 

Edited by ShoeLessRob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Sox can squeak one out tomorrow, they have a real good shot at clinching on Monday in Chicago. If the Sox lose...I hate to say it but you might as well kiss the season goodbye.

AIN'T OVER TIL IT'S OVER. LET'S GO

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's get a nice, big, fat, W tomorrow boys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

A split was always the goal in Houston. Go get it done tomorrow.

Yes Sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winning game 2 was TLR's plan to steal HFA all along.  Let them waste their LMJ start in a game started by the pitcher we were least likely to win with going into this series.  Gio is going to be absolutely AMPED for this game.  I expect great things.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sox have a chance to do some damage against their LH Starter tomorrow. Dusty was wise starting Valdez at home, as he didn't pitch well at Comiskey Park II ( 5.68 ERA, .905 OPS) whereas he has done well overall against the Sox (3.38 ERA, .727 OPS). Greinke's last pitched against the Sox in 2019, but did not pitch well at CP II (.809 OPS, 119 OPS +), so I expect him to come in tomorrow in a close game to bridge Valdez to Pressly.

Win or lose, I expect a much more competitive game. Hopefully Abreu gets rest and can play 1B (Eloy DH Vaughn LF or Eloy LF, Vaughn 1B, Abreu DH). I think Engel will sit and you'll get Leury (RF) and Cesar (2B) for five RHB and four switch hitters. I think Tony will go with the following to split up the R vs. S hitters.

SS TA; 3B YM #; 1B JA; C YG #; CF LR; DH EJ; RF LG #; LF AV; 2B CH #.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am convinced that Houston secretly injected Avery with a flu virus three days ago so he became ill.

That is the Astros way.

Seriously though, I want this game more than any other in recent memory. Much more than any of the Oakland games last October.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

My bold prediction. Giolito is going to have a McCullers performance against them.

With the state of our bats yesterday he will still get a loss even if he limits them to 1 run ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the Sox will wake up before this series is over, the game 1 performance was like game 1 of Spring Training not the post season. Some of the at bats today were simply awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the hear me now, believe me later department (keep clicking the laugh button trolls LOL).

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-mlb-playoff-and-world-series-schedule

Monday, Oct. 11

Astros v. White Sox, Game 4* (FS1, 3:30 ET)

If BOS-TB concludes after Game 3, then HOU-CWS Game 4 will go from 3:37 p.m. (ET)/2:37 p.m. (CT) to 7:07 p.m. (ET)/6:07 p.m. (CT) on FS1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

In the hear me now, believe me later department (keep clicking the laugh button trolls LOL).

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-mlb-playoff-and-world-series-schedule

Monday, Oct. 11

Astros v. White Sox, Game 4* (FS1, 3:30 ET)

If BOS-TB concludes after Game 3, then HOU-CWS Game 4 will go from 3:37 p.m. (ET)/2:37 p.m. (CT) to 7:07 p.m. (ET)/6:07 p.m. (CT) on FS1

 

 

Go Rays!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×