Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
loidwalden

Madrigal

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

For the most part, I agree with you...but Eloy & Cease are the exceptions to the rule.

They weren’t major league experienced acquisitions, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, loidwalden said:

How does that Kimbrel, Madrigal trade look now....dumb

Hindsight is a beautiful country! But yes it does look dumber now than it did at the time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Hahaha…it’s Comedy Central time around here.

Not even sure they’d even consider it with Vaughn or Kopech included.

Kimbrel has little trade value at this point…that $16 million price tag is too risky.

The comedy is you thinking the red Sox wouldn't trade Devers (4.7 fWAR) for moncada (4.5 fWAR) and kopech. Or you thinking the sox would do something so stupid.

I swear to God the moncada slander on this board is so f'ing dumb.

  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chimpton said:

Hindsight is a beautiful country! But yes it does look dumber now than it did at the time!

Hindsight is indeed 20/20 but to be honest, there were more than a few here that didnt like the trade when it happened if I remember correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Teams are going to line up for Kimbrel this off season.  They're smart enough not to let a 2 month sample size affect their evaluation on a player of Kimbrel's caliber.

Who could have known?
 

Edited by GreenSox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Hahaha…it’s Comedy Central time around here.

Not even sure they’d even consider it with Vaughn or Kopech included.

Kimbrel has little trade value at this point…that $16 million price tag is too risky.

The Redsox laugh at us after saying yes and hanging up. That's just lazy and uneducated baseball analysis on your part sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Teams are going to line up for Kimbrel this off season.  They're smart enough not to let a 2 month sample size affect their evaluation on a player of Kimbrel's caliber.  Plus when they really dig in and understand just how horribly the Sox have handled his situation they'll be even more in on him. 

I really want to believe you. Can you expand on this any more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

 

This shit is just too funny not to share. 

I honestly cannot believe people think the solution for 6 era kimbrel was to replace the best closer in baseball with him. You can't fix this level of idiocy. 

This narrative that kimbrel can't get people out or throw strikes because it's not the ninth inning is one of the dumbest things I've read this year. 

We had the Central locked up for awhile, LaRussa should have given Kimbrel a 2 week trial in the closers role after his struggles as a set up man and see how it went, then we would have least known

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kwill said:

That's what I don't get about all of the Madrigal love is he made some bad plays on the base paths, didn't steal, and by all accounts was an average fielder. Again he could develop to be a good player but there was nothing beyond where he was picked in the draft and contact rate that made him great. 

I remember when Robert and Madrigal were both in the system and people would put Madrigal ahead of him. I always thought on what planet- the tools are not even close to being the same. 

Moncada is one of the best defensive 3rd basemen in the league but he routinely gets bashed on this board. I do not get it. 

Madrigal is a little white grinder. Sox fans love that shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madrigals OPS was .774 in his rookie season, but yes hes just a slap hitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Madrigal is a little white grinder. Sox fans love that shit. 

Still doesn’t mean he should have been traded for a closer making $16 million. I always figured he would be the one to go in a trade from the core eventually, but for  another starter or outfielder with control.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets also ignore how Madrigals WAR would have been close to 4. We gave up 18-24 WAR at second base over the next 5 years for Kimbrel to shit himself on the mound all year and in the playoffs.

But yes its fine, we have danny mendick and his .500 OPS so he can easily replace Madrigal next season. Or we can stick with the .630 OPS Cesar. Great ball players because they can hit it in the stands sometimes.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Madrigals OPS was .774 in his rookie season, but yes hes just a slap hitter

He has 17 xbh in his career. He's a slap hitter. His 162 avg is 4 HR's and 25 doubles. It's too early to tell obviously, but I'm not too worried about Madrigal being anything more than serviceable over his career. That's not even taking into account he's coming off a severe hamstring tear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Lets also ignore how Madrigals WAR would have been close to 4. We gave up 18-24 WAR at second base over the next 5 years for Kimbrel to shit himself on the mound all year and in the playoffs.

But yes its fine, we have danny mendick and his .500 OPS so he can easily replace Madrigal next season. Or we can stick with the .630 OPS Cesar. Great ball players because they can hit it in the stands sometimes.

 

Right. 2B is now just another hole we need to fill in the off-season now to go with RF and probably 2 RPs.

Edited by manbearpuig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Still doesn’t mean he should have been traded for a closer making $16 million. I always figured he would be the one to go in a trade from the core eventually, but for  another starter or outfielder with control.

Kimbrel sucking doesn't mean Madrigal is good. It's a bad trade because Kimbrel sucked, not that we gave away a ton for him. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Kimbrel sucking doesn't mean Madrigal is good. It's a bad trade because Kimbrel sucked, not that we gave away a ton for him. 

Hopefully people acknowledge that Madrigal isn’t great and that he is replaceable. I’m more upset about the team control than losing Madrigal. Heuer is replaceable too. But hindsight is so easy for people to criticize Hahn for the move. I’m just mad that Kimbrel looks lost out there and looks like a scrub when he pitches as opposed to how dominant he looked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerry needs to open the pocketbook and get Semien and Marte. We all know that won't happen though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Hopefully people acknowledge that Madrigal isn’t great and that he is replaceable. I’m more upset about the team control than losing Madrigal. Heuer is replaceable too. But hindsight is so easy for people to criticize Hahn for the move. I’m just mad that Kimbrel looks lost out there and looks like a scrub when he pitches as opposed to how dominant he looked.

Pst, he was also criticized at the time the move was made.

Edited by manbearpuig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Can’t believe people still defend this trade lol so comical

I thought I was listening to Chris Rongey yesterday with how McKnight was talking to the fans who were mad about the Kimbrel trade....."process before performance" I think was the bullshit line he kept throwing out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I would think that the White Sox won't pickup Kimbrels option. They also won't pickup Ceasars option. That being said, who will be the second baseman for the White Sox in 2022?

Probably Romy to add yet another right handed hitter to an already righty hitting heavy lineup to get dominated by good right handed starting pitchers in the playoffs.

Edited by manbearpuig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wegner said:

Hindsight is indeed 20/20 but to be honest, there were more than a few here that didnt like the trade when it happened if I remember correctly.

Oh I agree, it seemed strange and unnecessary at the time and looked worse as the season went on and  last night well that just took the biscuit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, wegner said:

I thought I was listening to Chris Rongey yesterday with how McKnight was talking to the fans who were mad about the Kimbrel trade....."process before performance" I think was the bullshit line he kept throwing out.

The irony is the move was bad BECAUSE the process was bad. Investing that much capital in a set up man, when you already had a dominant closer, was asinine given the holes on the roster in RF and 2B. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×