ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

Alright boys, I didn’t want to a start a gamethread during the postseason as I felt there were posters more worthy of the honor.  That being said, I feel like we need move past what has been a disastrous start and focus on what could be an epic comeback.  Our guys will finally get the opportunity to play in front of our home fans.  Despite being down 0-2, the crowd should be electric on Sunday and that will certainly make a big difference.  Beyond that, there are several reasons for optimism:

1. The Sox are significantly better at home with a .654 winning percentage
  2. We have zero extra base hits so far this series and that is bound to change
  3. Cease was on fire in Sep/Oct with a 2.53 FIP and is the likely game 3 starter

If Lynn can mix things up better in game 4 and assuming La Russa can improve his in-game decision making, I think we got a great shot at evening things.  Obviously it won’t be easy, but even one win can swing the monument in our favor.

One other reason I wanted to start this thread was because my English Bulldog of 10 years of age passed away suddenly last week.  The two of us watched over 1,000 Sox games together during his life and while he had no idea what was going on, he simply enjoyed the time together.  Jocomo was one of the nicest dogs you’d ever meet, but dude was stubborn as fuck.  He lived up to the “bulldog” reputation and hopefully our Sox can bring a similar mentality on Sunday and refuse to accept defeat.  RIP buddy, hopefully we can get 11 more wins this year in your honor.

7E7831D5-1494-418A-8398-085F5314AEC3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright boys, I didn’t want to a start a gamethread during the postseason as I felt there were posters more worthy of the honor.  That being said, I feel like we need move past what has been a disastrous start and focus on what could be an epic comeback.  Our guys will finally get the opportunity to play in front of our home fans.  Despite being down 0-2, the crowd should be electric on Sunday and that will certainly make a big difference.  Beyond that, there are several reasons for optimism:

3. Cease was on fire in Sep/Oct with a 2.53 FIP and is the likely game 3 starter

If Lynn can mix things up better in game 4 and assuming La Russa can improve his in-game decision making, I think we got a great shot at evening things.  Obviously it won’t be easy, but even one win can swing the monument in our favor.

One other reason I wanted to start this thread was because my English Bulldog of 10 years of age passed away suddenly last week.  The two of us watched over 1,000 Sox games together during his life and while he had no idea what was going on, he simply enjoyed the time together.  Jocomo was one of the nicest dogs you’d ever meet, but dude was stubborn as fuck.  He lived up to the “bulldog” reputation and hopefully our Sox can bring a similar mentality on Sunday and refuse to accept defeat.  RIP buddy, hopefully we can get 11 more wins this year in your honor.

So sorry to hear about your dog. They truly are a mans best friend. I am a dog lover as well and had english, American and French bulldogs growing up. Awesome dogs. 

And yes, let’s get a fucking win. I fully expect Carlos to start on Sunday, which is not what I would do. 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

So sorry to hear about your dog. They truly are a mans best friend. I am a dog lover as well and had english, American and French bulldogs growing up. Awesome dogs. 

And yes, let’s get a fucking win. I fully expect Carlos to start on Sunday, which is not what I would do. 

Appreciate it man!  And agree on Rodon.  If he ain’t 100%, then you got to go Cease.

11 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Please for the love of god don't make me drive 5 hours, spend hundreds of dollars only to get swept. If we can at least pull this game out that gives some hope 

I’ll be in Vegas on Sunday for Bears-Raiders, but scooped a pair of tickets for Monday if they can keep the series alive.  Will be challenging to get to Chicago given I’m supposed to fly home to Nashville, but being at the Rate for playoff baseball is worth the shot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Right now I thought I needed to marinate in pessimism but I love the optimism here. It’ll be my first live playoff game ever, I’m damn sure gonna enjoy it.

Might as well!  And honestly, win on Sunday and the entire complexion of the series will change.  That’s the beauty of a five game series.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Also @Chicago White Sox… sorry for your loss, from one English bulldog owner to another. Meet Buddy and hi8is Jr:

AF255-C0-F-4110-4123-A558-CB35-C1-DFD622

Awesome photo man!  Glad to see your son and dog are so close together.  Bulldogs are just such a perfect breed and you have a great looking dog.  Can’t imagine owning another type of dog.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Awesome photo man!  Glad to see your son and dog are so close together.  Bulldogs are just such a perfect breed and you have a great looking dog.  Can’t imagine owning another type of dog.

They’re a lot of work and stubborn as a mule, like you said… but the most loving and loyal. Super smart too. Wish the boy was around more to enjoy him and can’t believe Buddy already will be a year old next week.

• Love 1

Sorry about the pup loss man. My dog is what kept me calm and relaxed today, really not worth getting fired up during a baseball game. Love the Sox, but happy to be in the playoffs. I'm going to enjoy the playoff games regardless of outcome because it's not like we're a spoiled fanbase experiencing them every year.

As we both said, the series isn't over. This team is a different beast at home. Would not at all be surprised to run over the Astros the next two games at home. I trust Dylan and Carlos a lot too.

Could easily see a 10 spot dropped on Sunday.

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ah damn, sorry for your loss. At least all dogs go to heaven!

Heres my little buddy for comfort! 

E14D6C5C-F415-4A7B-8619-260D0146757C.jpeg

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sorry about the pup loss man. My dog is what kept me calm and relaxed today, really not worth getting fired up during a baseball game. Love the Sox, but happy to be in the playoffs. I'm going to enjoy the playoff games regardless of outcome because it's not like we're a spoiled fanbase experiencing them every year.

As we both said, the series isn't over. This team is a different beast at home. Would not at all be surprised to run over the Astros the next two games at home. I trust Dylan and Carlos a lot too.

Could easily see a 10 spot dropped on Sunday.

Thanks man!  And zero reason to quit now.  Three wins is most definitely possible, but got to take it one game at a time.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Since my post got deleted (wasn’t meant to be a game thread but see why it was construed that way - my bad) Monday’s game (if necessary) is at 237CT. Another mid afternoon workday day game. 

If  the Red Sox get swept I believe we play at night (I thought I read)

24 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

If  the Red Sox get swept I believe we play at night (I thought I read)

Hope so. I’ll root for that, along with the Sox actually forcing a game 4. 

edit: that’s right. Also didn’t realize the game times were announced yesterday - totally missed that.

Edited by ChiSox59

• bmags pinned this topic