ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

29 minutes ago, staxxington said:

Just saying: why are we seriously blaming TLR? Our team has sucked, that’s it.

With that said, we win tomorrow.

It had nothing to do with TLR, Crochet, Kimbrel, Garcia, or Gio… it all happened because we didn’t include our dogs.

50 minutes ago, Dan of Steel said:

Barring a monstrous collapse from the Dodgers, we'll be the only team in the division series facing a 0-2 deficit. Every other series is deadlocked at 1-1. 

We had our chance up 4-2, but did not bring in Kopech and quickly lost the lead.  There is no margin for error in the playoffs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, staxxington said:

Just saying: why are we seriously blaming TLR? Our team has sucked, that’s it.

With that said, we win tomorrow.

Did you watch the game?

He made so many questionable moves that at the time they were made where complete head scratchers… all of which lead to players performing poorly and us losing.

As a manager your job is to put your players in the best position to succeed. This game, he did the exact opposite.

He puts Tephera or Kopech in the 5th and it’s like still 4 - 2.

He doesn’t pinch hit Cesar, Engle catches the ball and gets the third out and it’s likely still 4 - 2.

He puts Kimbrel in the 8th with a short hook for Hendricks and we likely win the game.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

One game at a time. Forget last two games…play some ball. Clean baseball. Don’t give up any at bat, execute in the field and throw strikes. 

Don’t pinch hit your best defensive right fielder for the worst hitter on your bench.

• Thanks 4

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

Don’t pinch hit your best defensive right fielder for the worst hitter on your bench.

This was the move that put me over the edge. I knew right away we would regret taking Engel out. I said as much in the game thread.

I remember a long time ago, Ozzie explained his reasoning for putting Wise in CF for that Buehrle perfect game. He said he got burned too many times not putting his best defense out late in the game in the outfield in tight games. Learned his lesson. Do you think Buehrle would have had that PG had Wise not been out there? I think not.

Ozzie has said a lot of things on the pre/post game shows and the podcasts that have made a lot of sense and that most of us here would agree with. I know this is not popular opinion, and it's not even really an idea I liked until recently, but I think Ozzie would actually be a good manager for this team. He's a lot different than what he was years ago, he's grown up. And I think he is very situationally aware. I think he would be a great fit.

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

This was the move that put me over the edge. I knew right away we would regret taking Engel out. I said as much in the game thread.

I remember a long time ago, Ozzie explained his reasoning for putting Wise in CF for that Buehrle perfect game. He said he got burned too many times not putting his best defense out late in the game in the outfield in tight games. Learned his lesson. Do you think Buehrle would have had that PG had Wise not been out there? I think not.

Ozzie has said a lot of things on the pre/post game shows and the podcasts that have made a lot of sense and that most of us here would agree with. I know this is not popular opinion, and it's not even really an idea I liked until recently, but I think Ozzie would actually be a good manager for this team. He's a lot different than what he was years ago, he's grown up. And I think he is very situationally aware. I think he would be a great fit.

Would have put Sheets in to pinch hit and then Hamilton in for defense.

3 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Why would you burn your bench there at all? It was leading off an inning right? Your suggestion makes more sense than the foolishness that was done, but there was no reason to use the bench there at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Why would you burn your bench there at all? It was leading off an inning right? Your suggestion makes more sense than the foolishness that was done, but there was no reason to use the bench there at all. 

You are right but if he wanted to make a move that was the right one.  Oddly i think he wanted Cesar in the game and thinks Leury is better than he actually is and TLR wanted to leave him in.  His Leury fascination is real.  Sheets/Hamilton would have been fine but I think Hamilton is on the roster to play defense in the 9th inning for Eloy.

14 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Too early for Hamilton there IMO. Using 2 bench bats there in a tie game for a lead off pinch hit and with the lineup surely to turn over again and give Billy at least one at bat in a tight game doesn’t seem like the best decision. Should have just left Engel in, even tho he’s been worthless at the dish. 

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Too early for Hamilton there IMO. Using 2 bench bats there in a tie game for a lead off pinch hit and with the lineup surely to turn over again and give Billy at least one at bat in a tight game doesn’t seem like the best decision. Should have just left Engel in, even tho he’s been worthless at the dish. 

Yeah I mean I would have left Engel in personally but if I was going to go with a pinch hitter, it wouldn’t be Hernandez.

13 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Dylan Cease career against winning teams: 3-12, 6.35

Dylan Cease 2021 against winning teams: 2-3, 6.04

Dylan Cease career against HOU: 0-3, 6.60

These stats are scary, but Cease has the stuff that can shut down an offense on any given day. Doesn't mean he will dominate Houston, but he has the potential to do so. Fact remains that Lynn and Giolito didn't get the job done. I think Cease has a shot. But what about Game 4, if there is one?

4 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

These stats are scary, but Cease has the stuff that can shut down an offense on any given day. Doesn't mean he will dominate Houston, but he has the potential to do so. Fact remains that Lynn and Giolito didn't get the job done. I think Cease has a shot. But what about Game 4, if there is one?

Ceases last start vs Houston was pretty electric, TLR just can’t get cute and leave him in there 3rd time thru. He looked fantastic thru 4.

Cease to Rodon would be a really nice play.