ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm hoping they flip Grandal and Robert tonight, but Tony will most likely want to split up to go RLRLRR in the top six slots. 

My preferred lineup is: SS TA; 3B YM #; 1B JA; CF LR; C YG #; LF EJ DH GS ^;  RF AE; 2B LG #.

I support moving Grandal down a spot, but my line up for this game and next year is some version of 1. TA 2. Moncada 3. Robert 4. Abreu 5. Grandal 6. Eloy 7. Sheets/Vaughn 8. Engel 9. Leury

54 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

if the goal was to fix all the issues we can see with our own two eyes in the offseason, what gets you closer to that goal:  an embarrassing 1-sided sweep to the most hated team in baseball, or losing 3-1 on your home field?

if it goes 5 and they lose in Houston, that would really fuck up the chances of fixing our issues, the mouth pieces in the media and the front office guys will use that as an excuse to say "hey, look, we battled back, this lineup is fine, the pitching was tired, we don't need to change much " 

I in no shape or form would ever root against the white Sox in the playoffs. TLR will be back until he chooses to retire again, he has health issues or gets in more legal trouble. A loss today changes nothing, except (most of) our favorite team is done for the year. Sox will look to improve RF and 2B this offseason regardless of tonight’s result. With the right moves, hopefully that helps team defense and adds some left handed pop/lineup balance we badly need.

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

if we lose here the silver lining is Cease gets some good experience i guess.. maybe lights a fire under him for next season.

Cease has made progress over the course of this season.  It's too soon to give up on him if he does the same thing the game 1 and 2 starters did, and there's no discussion about keeping them.  The gamblers have this game as pretty close to even money, from the numbers I saw.  

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

He had better be missing a leg if we have to put up with Garcia again

I admit I was wrong, I really wanted to give Tony a pass on all the mismanagement during the year because of all the injuries.  But this tops it, Tony LaRussa must GO and never ever come back.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I'll have you know the last time I complained about our right fielder and actually said to a fan sitting next to me that he's not a RF and should be sent down to the minors.  That game ended in a White Sox victory after Goodwin's walk off.  Go Sox I'll be at game tonight cursing Leury and hoping for another reverse jinx.