ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

49 minutes ago, hi8is said:

In the pregame presser, TLR explained his logic for Leury over Engle as wanting to have Cesar’s left handed bat in against Garcia.

Sane logic that burned us in game 2.

Asshole.

I think the truly amazing thing about this is the implication he is making is you can NOT take someone like Leurys bat out of the lineup 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think the truly amazing thing about this is the implication he is making is you can NOT take someone like Leurys bat out of the lineup 😂

Hey, he's an everyday player, not a utility player. 

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

In the pregame presser, TLR explained his logic for Leury over Engle as wanting to have Cesar’s left handed bat in against Garcia.

Asshole.

Hernandez has a .660 OPS vs righties this year. This is including when he was "good" with Cleveland.  He doesn't hit righties. It actually makes sense to play him vs lefties, not righties.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Hernandez has a .660 OPS vs righties this year. This is including when he was "good" with Cleveland.  He doesn't hit righties. It actually makes sense to play him vs lefties, not righties.

Then put Cesar at second and Engle in right.

Haven't really posted in a number of months as i've moved back to Florida, got new job(s) and I am eagerly anticipating my first child, but wanted to chime in that I still haven't lost hope. We get the two here and then maybe the ball bounces our way for Game 5.

We can take the Red Sox or Rays if we can get past the Astros!

While I've hated a TON of moves (kimbrel trade, cesar trade, TLR signing, Keuchel signing), I've had a ton of fun following the team this year again. I hope tonights not the last, but if it is, cheers to them and all the fellow soxtalkers. 

OK have a good game thread. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Haven't really posted in a number of months as i've moved back to Florida, got new job(s) and I am eagerly anticipating my first child, but wanted to chime in that I still haven't lost hope. We get the two here and then maybe the ball bounces our way for Game 5.

We can take the Red Sox or Rays if we can get past the Astros!

While I've hated a TON of moves (kimbrel trade, cesar trade, TLR signing, Keuchel signing), I've had a ton of fun following the team this year again. I hope tonights not the last, but if it is, cheers to them and all the fellow soxtalkers. 

OK have a good game thread. 

Congrats on the new Sox fan on the way!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, macsandz said:

The sheer volume of Sox fans that demand "Adam Engle" play more is hilarious and peak 2021 White Sox blame culture fandom. 

Then why didn’t they get a RF at the deadline.  If they were serious about trying to win a World Series, then Garcia or Goodwin as options, to go along with Engel, is freaking embarrassing.  If they thought they might eventually put Vaughn out there, then why not acquire a DH like Soler or Schwarber.

Edited by fathom
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Then why didn’t they get a RF at the deadline.  If they were serious about trying to win a World Series, then Garcia or Goodwin as options, to go along with Engel, is freaking embarrassing.  If they thought they might eventually put Vaughn out there, then why not acquire a DH like Soler or Schwarber.

To be fair, I don’t think anyone imagined Vaughn would suck to this extent. But yeah, tying up all your trade assets in a very volatile reliever even by relief pitcher standards maybe was pretty dumb.

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

To be fair, I don’t think anyone imagined Vaughn would suck to this extent. But yeah, tying up all your trade assets in a very volatile reliever even by relief pitcher standards maybe was pretty dumb.

Vaughn in RF will never work. Way too slow out there 

24 minutes ago, macsandz said:

The sheer volume of Sox fans that demand "Adam Engle" play more is hilarious and peak 2021 White Sox blame culture fandom. 

Guess you don’t care about defense and didn’t care when taking him out burned us last game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

Asshole.

He can still have Cesar playing second and Engel in RF, with Leury on the bench.  Sox bad RF defense has been badly exposed in this series.  Rather have the D than a marginally better bat in the bottom of the lineup.

27 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Not maybe. It was for sure pretty dumb.

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

He can still have Cesar playing second and Engel in RF, with Leury on the bench.  Sox bad RF defense has been badly exposed in this series.  Rather have the D than a marginally better bat in the bottom of the lineup.

Nah - nevermind… I’m promoting blame culture and misspelling names. Your logic doesn’t appeal to me any longer.

/green