ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

13 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Thinking back to the starting performances in 2005

Yep, was just talking about that with my brother, absolute gems by MarkB, Garcia, Contreras and Garland throughout the 05 playoffs. 

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

1 minute ago, staxxington said:

12+ walks by our pitchers and no XBH.

thats all that needs to be said. you won't win series like that. 

I think the FO and JR needs to realize this team just is not good enough to compete with championship caliber teams. TLR's dinosaur tactics don't help, but this team doesn't have the talent in certain spots and doesn't have the postseason experience in others.

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Yea it might be 7-1 Houston.

Look LaRussa haters, there is no right move for Tony  to make. This team is not nearly as good as Houston.  They are dominating every pitcher we have.

Agreed, I am neither for or against TLR.  I couldn't care less if he is back next year or not, but anyone who thinks everything would be fixed with a new manager is kidding themselves.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Houston is a very good team but the White Sox are completely unprepared mentally and physically for this series and Houston is taking full advantage of it. 

Completely agree about them being utterly unprepared to play in these games.  

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

I think the FO and JR needs to realize this team just is not good enough to compete with championship caliber teams. TLR's dinosaur tactics don't help, but this team doesn't have the talent in certain spots and doesn't have the postseason experience in others.

So scary as I was going to say that. Sox have a lot of talent but not nearly enough to win it all.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, chw42 said:

The defensive positioning in this series has illustrated it, for sure.

Also, grandal should have struck out there, Hallion is a joke

1 minute ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Yep, was just talking about my brother about that, absolute gems by MarkB, Garcia, Contreras and Garland throughout the 05 playoffs. 

The crazy thing is that Contreras was the best pitcher in baseball at that point but beaten by Paul Bryd of all people.

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

Agreed, I am neither for or against TLR.  I couldn't care less if he is back next year or not, but anyone who thinks everything would be fixed with a new manager is kidding themselves.

It would not fix every problem with the White Sox, but this particular manager is such a uniquely terrible one that just getting to mediocre would be a huge upgrade. We'd have home field advantage in this series at least.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

JR doesn’t care.  He is near max payroll. Get ready for lightning in a bottle, grizzled vets, grinder types.

• Like 1