ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

Just now, T R U said:

A GM in any sport is held accountable for the moves they make, there is no situation where it’s just “Eh the player didn’t perform”

Nothing else you can help me with unless you’re saying farewell to the board. 

Draft picks and trades are apples to ...hand grenades. It was a terrible fucking analogy. Just own up to it so we can move on.

Just now, T R U said:

A GM in any sport is held accountable for the moves they make, there is no situation where it’s just “Eh the player didn’t perform”

Yes, a GM should be held accountable for moves they make, I didn’t argue that, you dolt. What they aren’t responsible for is performance, that’s always on the player. Kimbrel being dog shit after having one of the best seasons ever as an RP for the Cubs isn’t all on Rick Hahn. Sorry, I put that more on the player than the scout and GM. 

I’ll be here way longer than you, sweetheart. So buckle in. 

Just now, T R U said:

Some people went all in on defending Kimbrel and the deal. 

Its been really terrible but if we can get through tonight maybe he still can come up big.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I know, I was saying in case he couldn't get the first 2 guys out you're stuck with him with the tying run at the plate.

Correct, which is why it was a gamble I didn’t like taking in this do or die game..but it worked. 

Just need 3 more now..

Just now, Tony said:

Yes, a GM should be held accountable for moves they make, I didn’t argue that, you dolt. What they aren’t responsible for is performance, that’s always on the player. Kimbrel being dog shit after having one of the best seasons ever as an RP for the Cubs isn’t all on Rick Hahn. Sorry, I put that more on the player than the scout and GM. 

I’ll be here way longer than you, sweetheart. So buckle in. 

Kimbrel wasnt that great the 2 years prior, it wasn't a stretch that hed regress and underperform moving away from a no pressure terrible Cubs team.

Hahn fucked up bad and way overpaid.

Just now, Soxbadger said:

Kimbrel wasnt that great the 2 years prior, it wasn't a stretch that hed regress and underperform moving away from a no pressure terrible Cubs team.

Why we arguing about this now.

Lets go get a W

• Like 3

Just now, Soxbadger said:

I don't blame them for wanting Kimbrel. Very few people could see him regressing this badly. I do blame them for overpaying by that much. At some point you just gotta move on to another option.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

More bitching to follow about the trade or shitting on Hahn!

This game is showcasing the importance of guys like Tepera and Bummer if properly utilized...as well as that glue guy like Jimmy Cordero who can be used in almost any situation.

Also, no idea what to expect out of Kopech as a starter next season.  Just have to cross our fingers, and add at least one more veteran starter as insurance because we won't have the health we did this year with our rotation.