ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think we got same city taxed giving up both Madrigal and Heuer.  To me, five years of Madrigal should have been more than fair for 1 1/3 years of Kimbrel, even if you factor the huge price elite relievers go for at the deadline.  That being said, I wouldn’t lose sleep over the price if we were getting elite production from him.

Especially at the salary...

• Like 1

Thomas Francis Hallion (born September 5, 1956) is the absolute worst American umpire in Major League Baseball (MLB) who has worked in the National League (NL) from 1985 to 1999 and throughout both major leagues since 2005. He was the Most Valuable Player for the Chicago White Sox in game 3 of the 2021 ALDS for legalizing baserunners to run anywhere on the field if they are attempting to deflect throws.

Looks like someone’s mad at Tom Hallion.😂

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I think we got same city taxed giving up both Madrigal and Heuer.  To me, five years of Madrigal should have been more than fair for 1 1/3 years of Kimbrel, even if you factor the huge price elite relievers go for at the deadline.  That being said, I wouldn’t lose sleep over the price if we were getting elite production from him.

That’s always been the point. And of course, they haven’t got anywhere close to that. Which just blows. But as many of us discussed at the time, there are very scenarios where trading Madrigal and Heuer were going to cost you from winning a future World Series. Both are very replaceable. Getting a nails RP can be much harder to find, especially at the deadline. Kimbrel could have been that, but it’s been a massive flop. AND HAHN DESERVERS BLAME FOR THAT. Never said he didn’t. But I put more blame on the player because of all the reasons discussed previously. 

Sorry, this game was drunk, we needed something else to talk about 😂

• Like 2