ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

51 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Couldn’t think of a better guy to start this must-win game thread. Also pumped because that means you’ll be starting the game thread for game 1 of the ALCS. 

@Chicago White Sox, really sorry about your dog. Let’s get this W. 

Thanks brother!  Let’s hope they come to play Sunday night!

• Love 1

This comeback of epic proportions will become known in White Sox lore as The Great Pet Game Thread Post.

Ok. Maybe it won’t.

Edited by hi8is

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Well hopefully being back home allows Tony to align his infield better, manage his pen better, and the defense to not suck.

Thought of a big play that could have been different if Sox were home today. Yoan falling on the foul pop up in the 2nd led to two runs and he probably has a better shot if he’s familiar with the field. 

1 hour ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

LaRussa has really ruined my enjoyment of this postseason.  Today was such a letdown.  That said, time to win in spite of that idiot.

It took till the post season for that moron to ruin your enjoyment for the team?  Impressive.

Though, I do agree, this team needs to win despite the moron making all the the wrong decisions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright boys, I didn’t want to a start a gamethread during the postseason as I felt there were posters more worthy of the honor.  That being said, I feel like we need move past what has been a disastrous start and focus on what could be an epic comeback.  Our guys will finally get the opportunity to play in front of our home fans.  Despite being down 0-2, the crowd should be electric on Sunday and that will certainly make a big difference.  Beyond that, there are several reasons for optimism:

1. The Sox are significantly better at home with a .654 winning percentage
  2. We have zero extra base hits so far this series and that is bound to change
  3. Cease was on fire in Sep/Oct with a 2.53 FIP and is the likely game 3 starter

If Lynn can mix things up better in game 4 and assuming La Russa can improve his in-game decision making, I think we got a great shot at evening things.  Obviously it won’t be easy, but even one win can swing the monument in our favor.

One other reason I wanted to start this thread was because my English Bulldog of 10 years of age passed away suddenly last week.  The two of us watched over 1,000 Sox games together during his life and while he had no idea what was going on, he simply enjoyed the time together.  Jocomo was one of the nicest dogs you’d ever meet, but dude was stubborn as fuck.  He lived up to the “bulldog” reputation and hopefully our Sox can bring a similar mentality on Sunday and refuse to accept defeat.  RIP buddy, hopefully we can get 11 more wins this year in your honor.

7E7831D5-1494-418A-8398-085F5314AEC3.jpeg

https://twitter.com/greg_hibbard/status/696895711850459136/photo/1

How about a "good luck cat picture" from Greg "The Little Bulldog" Hibbard?  We can use every bit of help we can get...from any source/s.

5 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I woke up today feeling 0 motivation to watch sunday night. Im sure that will change when the game starts but man this is really depressing

Thursday morning....hearing Thunderstruck got me pumped.

Thursday afternoon....hearing it being played in Houston late in the game made me sad.

Friday sucked.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Thursday morning....hearing Thunderstruck got me pumped.

Thursday afternoon....hearing it being played in Houston late in the game made me sad.

Friday sucked.

They were trolling.  Supposedly when Lope, departed game 1, they played Na na na na hey hey hey goodbye. 

52 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They were trolling.  Supposedly when Lope, departed game 1, they played Na na na na hey hey hey goodbye. 

That's not clever....that's just sad.  Sctew that whole Astro organization.

When i lost my dog of 20 years i was devastated . she went everywhere with me, and that includes a commercial fishing boat and long camping trips in various places around the country . she literally was the best friend i ever had..

Here's a poem that i wrote when she died..
a sadness so deep . it takes my breath
facing this thing . this thing called death
memories follow me from room to room
lower the shades . sit in the gloom
eyes welling up . i think of the day
she captured my heart . in such a sweet way
little paws on my leg . eyes peering up
i fell in love with that cute little pup
closing my eyes . the tears are here
as i ponder the life of my friend so dear
through the years . we've faced it all
through latitudes and climes . me, her, and her ball
but now something stalks her . nowhere to hide
we'll sit on the beach . her by my side
we know it is coming and coming right soon
as we watch the sky and the sun and the moon
we both sit and dream of days gone by
when she was so young and living so high
a smile forms now . against my will
as i see her now . running up the hill.

Also, i think that the Sox will win Sunday night, and win big, but that they will lose Monday.

17 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright boys, I didn’t want to a start a gamethread during the postseason as I felt there were posters more worthy of the honor.  That being said, I feel like we need move past what has been a disastrous start and focus on what could be an epic comeback.  Our guys will finally get the opportunity to play in front of our home fans.  Despite being down 0-2, the crowd should be electric on Sunday and that will certainly make a big difference.  Beyond that, there are several reasons for optimism:

3. Cease was on fire in Sep/Oct with a 2.53 FIP and is the likely game 3 starter

If Lynn can mix things up better in game 4 and assuming La Russa can improve his in-game decision making, I think we got a great shot at evening things.  Obviously it won’t be easy, but even one win can swing the monument in our favor.

One other reason I wanted to start this thread was because my English Bulldog of 10 years of age passed away suddenly last week.  The two of us watched over 1,000 Sox games together during his life and while he had no idea what was going on, he simply enjoyed the time together.  Jocomo was one of the nicest dogs you’d ever meet, but dude was stubborn as fuck.  He lived up to the “bulldog” reputation and hopefully our Sox can bring a similar mentality on Sunday and refuse to accept defeat.  RIP buddy, hopefully we can get 11 more wins this year in your honor.

if Lynn is starting vs McCullers again, I'll burn all my Sox gear lol, what's funny is I could see TLR writing that matchup down in ink.  

18 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m so sorry for your loss.  Dogs are the best people.  😢

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• bmags pinned this topic