ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I'd almost rather have Hamilton starting, but none of those possibilities but Sheets have any type of positive rhythm offensively. No idea why Mendick is even on the roster.

Yeah Mendick doesn’t really serve a purpose other than depth. Might as well have had Burger on the roster as a late inning bat.

1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

Yeah Mendick doesn’t really serve a purpose other than depth. Might as well have had Burger on the roster as a late inning bat.

I would have gone balls out with Romy. Mendick is a water boy. Be brave. 

• Like 1

Let’s go.  It’s make or break time.  Like a lot of us I talked myself into the idea that we *had* to win one of the first two games in Houston.  While it would have been nice, it’s not actually true.  Nobody is entitled to win in a particular, message-board-approved, aesthetically pleasing way.  We need to keep pushing til we’re out of it.  Lose tonight and we can start the post-mortems. Win tonight and we’re very much back in the series. Go fucking Sox.

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

14 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Night game. Of course! Those day games  were the problem 

Well if Sox get a win tonight, Sox fans get yet another weekday day game tomorrow! What a joke this schedule has been. 

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well if Sox get a win tonight, Sox fans get yet another weekday day game tomorrow! What a joke this schedule has been. 

It’s been absurd to play 3 of 4 during the day if they win tonight, sad thing is even if they were #1 seed nothing would of been different. 

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Would have put Sheets in to pinch hit and then Hamilton in for defense.

That would have worked too. But it was the beginning of the inning...I probably would have reserved Sheets for a situation where he could tie the game or put you ahead. Leaving Engel in would have been fine. Sometimes the best move is not doing anything at all.

• Like 2

if the goal was to fix all the issues we can see with our own two eyes in the offseason, what gets you closer to that goal:  an embarrassing 1-sided sweep to the most hated team in baseball, or losing 3-1 on your home field?

if it goes 5 and they lose in Houston, that would really fuck up the chances of fixing our issues, the mouth pieces in the media and the front office guys will use that as an excuse to say "hey, look, we battled back, this lineup is fine, the pitching was tired, we don't need to change much " 

Edited by joesaiditstrue
  • Haha 1

I can't imagine TLR allowing Cease to just get his head smashed in, in an elimination game

if he starts getting in obvious trouble, the pen should already be warming. if Tony doesn't have anyone warming preemptively in the 2nd and 3rd, well lol

you can't manage this game like a regular season game (OBVIOUSLY)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I can't imagine TLR allowing Cease to just get his head smashed in, in an elimination game

if he starts getting in obvious trouble, the pen should already be warming. if Tony doesn't have anyone warming preemptively in the 2nd and 3rd, well lol

you can't manage this game like a regular season game (OBVIOUSLY)

It’ll be interesting to see how much of a leash Cease will have. How many runs, and how quickly, is too many? Even if it’s only the first inning, you have to yank him if he’s giving up more than two runs. Every pitcher should be available aside from Gio and Rodan. Worry about Game 4 when it’s that time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

It’ll be interesting to see how much of a leash Cease will have. How many runs, and how quickly, is too many? Even if it’s only the first inning, you have to yank him if he’s giving up more than two runs. Every pitcher should be available aside from Gio and Rodan. Worry about Game 4 when it’s that time. 

We'll know right away if this ballgame will even be winnable. If Cease is walking guys, season is over. If he's on, this game will be very winnable. 

• Like 1

I'm glad it's Cease going tonight. If he's going to be a core part of the rotation, you have to see if he can get his head straight against good teams. Otherwise, you should get something for him. The Sox aren't going to blow it up no matter what happens moving forward, so I'm rooting for Cease to take a step forward and get a W.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

If they win the next two, TLR should be fired on the merit alone that he didn’t fight for HFA. But that will never happen, so let’s just get one fucking win PLEASE

According to the big brains on this forum HFA doesnt matter

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I'm glad it's Cease going tonight. If he's going to be a core part of the rotation, you have to see if he can get his head straight against good teams. Otherwise, you should get something for him. The Sox aren't going to blow it up no matter what happens moving forward, so I'm rooting for Cease to take a step forward and get a W.

That's a pretty level-headed take

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

if we lose here the silver lining is Cease gets some good experience i guess.. maybe lights a fire under him for next season.