Jump to content
Chicago White Sox

ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Trade value!!

More bitching to follow about the trade or shitting on Hahn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T R U said:

A GM in any sport is held accountable for the moves they make, there is no situation where it’s just “Eh the player didn’t perform”

Nothing else you can help me with unless you’re saying farewell to the board. 

Draft picks and trades are apples to ...hand grenades. It was a terrible fucking analogy. Just own up to it so we can move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, South Sider said:

Yeah I know Hendriks wants to pitch. Give him the 9th and everyone wins.

Unless the offense explodes, yeah go for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

unfortunately Bummer prob isnt available tomorrow

He only threw 20 some odd pitches. I think if it came down to it he'll pitch to a lefty hitter in a big spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hendriks gets the ninth if the score holds, Kimbrel gets it if we score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T R U said:

A GM in any sport is held accountable for the moves they make, there is no situation where it’s just “Eh the player didn’t perform”

Nothing else you can help me with unless you’re saying farewell to the board. 

Yes, a GM should be held accountable for moves they make, I didn’t argue that, you dolt. What they aren’t responsible for is performance, that’s always on the player. Kimbrel being dog shit after having one of the best seasons ever as an RP for the Cubs isn’t all on Rick Hahn. Sorry, I put that more on the player than the scout and GM. 

I’ll be here way longer than you, sweetheart. So buckle in. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T R U said:

A GM in any sport is held accountable for the moves they make, there is no situation where it’s just “Eh the player didn’t perform”

Nothing else you can help me with unless you’re saying farewell to the board. 

Some people went all in on defending Kimbrel and the deal. 

Its been really terrible but if we can get through tonight maybe he still can come up big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chw42 said:

He only threw 20 some odd pitches. I think if it came down to it he'll pitch to a lefty hitter in a big spot.

Crochet should actually be available tomorrow without any obvious complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job by Bummer tonight--real clutch pithing from a guy who couldn't buy a break the 1st half of the year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes Yaz that was ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Hendriks gets the ninth if the score holds, Kimbrel gets it if we score

This, and it makes sense in both instances. May need Hendriks for 2 + tomorrow, would really be great if the Sox score here and Kimbrel can close it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I know, I was saying in case he couldn't get the first 2 guys out you're stuck with him with the tying run at the plate.

Correct, which is why it was a gamble I didn’t like taking in this do or die game..but it worked. 
 

Just need 3 more now..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Hendriks gets the ninth if the score holds, Kimbrel gets it if we score

Um, gotta disagree with you there. Hendricks should get it no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tony said:

Yes, a GM should be held accountable for moves they make, I didn’t argue that, you dolt. What they aren’t responsible for is performance, that’s always on the player. Kimbrel being dog shit after having one of the best seasons ever as an RP for the Cubs isn’t all on Rick Hahn. Sorry, I put that more on the player than the scout and GM. 

I’ll be here way longer than you, sweetheart. So buckle in. 
 

Kimbrel wasnt that great the 2 years prior, it wasn't a stretch that hed regress and underperform moving away from a no pressure terrible Cubs team.

Hahn fucked up bad and way overpaid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Um, gotta disagree with you there. Hendricks should get it no matter what.

If this was a 5 run game I'd go ahead and save Hendriks. Even he wouldn't complain too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soxbadger said:

Kimbrel wasnt that great the 2 years prior, it wasn't a stretch that hed regress and underperform moving away from a no pressure terrible Cubs team.

Hahn fucked up bad and way overpaid.

Why we arguing about this now.

Lets go get a W

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soxbadger said:

Kimbrel wasnt that great the 2 years prior, it wasn't a stretch that hed regress and underperform moving away from a no pressure terrible Cubs team.

Hahn fucked up bad and way overpaid.

I don't blame them for wanting Kimbrel. Very few people could see him regressing this badly. I do blame them for overpaying by that much. At some point you just gotta move on to another option.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Um, gotta disagree with you there. Hendricks should get it no matter what.

i'm not saying what should happen, i'm saying what i think TLR is thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eloy's strike zone judgement can use some work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Beast said:

More bitching to follow about the trade or shitting on Hahn!

This game is showcasing the importance of guys like Tepera and Bummer if properly utilized...as well as that glue guy like Jimmy Cordero who can be used in almost any situation.

Also, no idea what to expect out of Kopech as a starter next season.  Just have to cross our fingers, and add at least one more veteran starter as insurance because we won't have the health we did this year with our rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, White Sox Park said:

Liam is gonna be insane next inning..

Aaron Judge isn't in the playoffs right? Just say it so I'm certain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Um, gotta disagree with you there. Hendricks should get it no matter what.

Particularly with the 3 batter rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eloy with a big single in the 1st...that's all I've got to say about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×