ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

Just now, Soxbadger said:

Agree to disagree. He was in a no pressure situation earlier this year and in the offseason the Cubs would have given him away cheap.

I wish I was wrong about it and still hope that he can find his groove for 10 more innings or so.

All good, I just think his collapse has gone well beyond normal regression and it’s super frustrating because Kimbrel should have been a huge postseason weapon for us even if it was as a massive overpay (which it was).

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

All good, I just think his collapse has gone well beyond normal regression and it’s super frustrating because Kimbrel should have been a huge postseason weapon for us even if it was as a massive overpay (which it was).

Well said (even though if it was the *great* Kimbrel from the Cubs the Sox got, I don’t think the cost was that crazy) 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

How was closing for the Cubs the first three months when they were in contention a no pressure situation?

No one expected anything from them and they were playing with house money. 

Early season is a lot less pressure than a playoff hunt.

It wasn't a sure thing and that's why a lot of people had major concerns.

But I hope he plays lightd out for a lot more games.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Draft picks and players acquired via trade with a long track record are totally the same thing....

a long track record of having success doing something different than how the Sox use him. Basically, Craig Kimbrel usage on the Sox is a proof for the old adage...don't reinvent the wheel.