Chicago White Sox

ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

Just now, Soxfest said:

Complete waste of LH tonight

He was already warm.  Liam will make quick work of this. 

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

It is absolutely the correct move.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think we got same city taxed giving up both Madrigal and Heuer.  To me, five years of Madrigal should have been more than fair for 1 1/3 years of Kimbrel, even if you factor the huge price elite relievers go for at the deadline.  That being said, I wouldn’t lose sleep over the price if we were getting elite production from him.

Especially at the salary...

• Like 1

Keep pouring strikes in there

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

what are they chanting?

"SOX IN 5"

At least on TV, the stadium is a madhouse tonight.

• Like 1

Was that a "Sox in 5" chant I heard.....outstanding

Thomas Francis Hallion (born September 5, 1956) is the absolute worst American umpire in Major League Baseball (MLB) who has worked in the National League (NL) from 1985 to 1999 and throughout both major leagues since 2005. He was the Most Valuable Player for the Chicago White Sox in game 3 of the 2021 ALDS for legalizing baserunners to run anywhere on the field if they are attempting to deflect throws.

Looks like someone’s mad at Tom Hallion.😂

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

Just now, greg775 said:

What's the difference if they have to sit out a 4 hour rain delay and start the game at 8?

They will play in the rain, would have to be a torrential downpour to delay it. They played Game 2 of the World Series in the rain.

Television dictates it.

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

He loves the work. I could be wrong, but he more or less maintains instead of not, when he gets a lot of work

• Like 1

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

Can you guys hear the crowd on tv?

Yes!

Magic cane guy!

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

Can you guys hear the crowd on tv?

Yes. Do you have a cane?

• Haha 2

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I think we got same city taxed giving up both Madrigal and Heuer.  To me, five years of Madrigal should have been more than fair for 1 1/3 years of Kimbrel, even if you factor the huge price elite relievers go for at the deadline.  That being said, I wouldn’t lose sleep over the price if we were getting elite production from him.

That’s always been the point. And of course, they haven’t got anywhere close to that. Which just blows. But as many of us discussed at the time, there are very scenarios where trading Madrigal and Heuer were going to cost you from winning a future World Series. Both are very replaceable. Getting a nails RP can be much harder to find, especially at the deadline. Kimbrel could have been that, but it’s been a massive flop. AND HAHN DESERVERS BLAME FOR THAT. Never said he didn’t. But I put more blame on the player because of all the reasons discussed previously. 

Sorry, this game was drunk, we needed something else to talk about 😂

• Like 2