Jump to content
Chicago White Sox

ALDS Game 3 - HOU @ CWS - 7:07pm CDT

Recommended Posts

Just now, staxxington said:

I think Robert has a huge game tonight and carries the sox to the win

Nice call staxxington. I like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, hi8is said:

In the pregame presser, TLR explained his logic for Leury over Engle as wanting to have Cesar’s left handed bat in against Garcia.

Sane logic that burned us in game 2.

Asshole.

I think the truly amazing thing about this is the implication he is making is you can NOT take someone like Leurys bat out of the lineup 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think the truly amazing thing about this is the implication he is making is you can NOT take someone like Leurys bat out of the lineup 😂

Hey, he's an everyday player, not a utility player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Engel has been a joke all effing year. Who they krappin? I knew this would happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hi8is said:

In the pregame presser, TLR explained his logic for Leury over Engle as wanting to have Cesar’s left handed bat in against Garcia.

Sane logic that burned us in game 2.

Asshole.

Hernandez has a .660 OPS vs righties this year. This is including when he was "good" with Cleveland.  He doesn't hit righties. It actually makes sense to play him vs lefties, not righties.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TLR is who we thought he was. The guy that is going to block the Sox from winning anything meaningful. AJ Hinch is laughing his ass off this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get leaving Goodwin off the roster if this is what we were worried about. He can hit righties better than these two. If we're not concerned about defense in RF, should be him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Hernandez has a .660 OPS vs righties this year. This is including when he was "good" with Cleveland.  He doesn't hit righties. It actually makes sense to play him vs lefties, not righties.

Then put Cesar at second and Engle in right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not overly optimistic, but this could be our last game (and the last one that I'm guaranteed won't be during work).

 

 

Lets get weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre game afternoon I decided to watch Mr 3000 starring the late great Bernie Mac, who was a Sox fan.

Let's win one for Mr Mac!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have prefered a day game today. Let's get to the first pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Then put Cesar at second and Engle in right.

The sheer volume of Sox fans that demand "Adam Engle" play more is hilarious and peak 2021 White Sox blame culture fandom. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't really posted in a number of months as i've moved back to Florida, got new job(s) and I am eagerly anticipating my first child, but wanted to chime in that I still haven't lost hope. We get the two here and then maybe the ball bounces our way for Game 5.

We can take the Red Sox or Rays if we can get past the Astros!

 

While I've hated a TON of moves (kimbrel trade, cesar trade, TLR signing, Keuchel signing), I've had a ton of fun following the team this year again. I hope tonights not the last, but if it is, cheers to them and all the fellow soxtalkers. 

OK have a good game thread. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Haven't really posted in a number of months as i've moved back to Florida, got new job(s) and I am eagerly anticipating my first child, but wanted to chime in that I still haven't lost hope. We get the two here and then maybe the ball bounces our way for Game 5.

We can take the Red Sox or Rays if we can get past the Astros!

 

While I've hated a TON of moves (kimbrel trade, cesar trade, TLR signing, Keuchel signing), I've had a ton of fun following the team this year again. I hope tonights not the last, but if it is, cheers to them and all the fellow soxtalkers. 

OK have a good game thread. 

Congrats on the new Sox fan on the way!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, macsandz said:

The sheer volume of Sox fans that demand "Adam Engle" play more is hilarious and peak 2021 White Sox blame culture fandom. 

Then why didn’t they get a RF at the deadline.  If they were serious about trying to win a World Series, then Garcia or Goodwin as options, to go along with Engel, is freaking embarrassing.  If they thought they might eventually put Vaughn out there, then why not acquire a DH like Soler or Schwarber.

Edited by fathom
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Then why didn’t they get a RF at the deadline.  If they were serious about trying to win a World Series, then Garcia or Goodwin as options, to go along with Engel, is freaking embarrassing.  If they thought they might eventually put Vaughn out there, then why not acquire a DH like Soler or Schwarber.

To be fair, I don’t think anyone imagined Vaughn would suck to this extent. But yeah, tying up all your trade assets in a very volatile reliever even by relief pitcher standards maybe was pretty dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

To be fair, I don’t think anyone imagined Vaughn would suck to this extent. But yeah, tying up all your trade assets in a very volatile reliever even by relief pitcher standards maybe was pretty dumb.

Vaughn in RF will never work. Way too slow out there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, macsandz said:

The sheer volume of Sox fans that demand "Adam Engle" play more is hilarious and peak 2021 White Sox blame culture fandom. 

Guess you don’t care about defense and didn’t care when taking him out burned us last game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I am eagerly anticipating my first child,

Congrats!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hi8is said:

In the pregame presser, TLR explained his logic for Leury over Engle as wanting to have Cesar’s left handed bat in against Garcia.

Sane logic that burned us in game 2.

Asshole.

He can still have Cesar playing second and Engel in RF, with Leury on the bench.  Sox bad RF defense has been badly exposed in this series.  Rather have the D than a marginally better bat in the bottom of the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

To be fair, I don’t think anyone imagined Vaughn would suck to this extent. But yeah, tying up all your trade assets in a very volatile reliever even by relief pitcher standards maybe was pretty dumb.

Not maybe. It was for sure pretty dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

He can still have Cesar playing second and Engel in RF, with Leury on the bench.  Sox bad RF defense has been badly exposed in this series.  Rather have the D than a marginally better bat in the bottom of the lineup.

Nah - nevermind… I’m promoting blame culture and misspelling names. Your logic doesn’t appeal to me any longer.

 

/green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×