ron883

Unban Parkman?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Unban Parkman?

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Why did he get banned?

He was trying to fix his life and believed being here was a detriment. Multiple people asked him to reconsider but if you ask to be banned often enough . . .

9 hours ago, ron883 said:

Austin 3:16

Jack has expressed regret about his decision. Sometimes, you don't know what you got till Soxtalk is gone. 

Yep. I thought developing the self control to stay away would have been a better growth opportunity for him. Either way you break up with someone, they move on,  and rekindling the romance isn't always possible. 

Perhaps after the Sox win the World Series we can have a bring back a banned poster contest. He'd get my vote but sometimes the crowd picks Barabbas. 

6 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Yep. I thought developing the self control to stay away would have been a better growth opportunity for him. Either way you break up with someone, they move on,  and rekindling the romance isn't always possible. 

Perhaps after the Sox win the World Series we can have a bring back a banned poster contest. He'd get my vote but sometimes the crowd picks Barabbas. 

The crowd has spoken. Soxtalk is a democracy. Unban him please, Tex. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

This is not Survivor with Jeff Probst.

And why are you assuming only Tex might be on your side from the moderating standpoint?

You've convinced me to change my point of view here. Unban Parkman and ban caulfield.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You've convinced me to change my point of view here. Unban Parkman and ban caulfield.

But the real question is this: Will Parkman become the Sox billy goat? Will we have to endure the Curse of Jack? 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Because we won tons of playoff series with him around...

Did the Cubs win any before they turned Sianis away with his goat?  Parkman could be our goat. 😕

But the Cubs were up in their series. This curse will be harder to quantify. 

31 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The vocal minority (of dumbies) always makes the most noise. Put the poll up and you'd see me getting 50+%. 

Ah, the silent majority argument.  Your problem is that most message board posters are a bit more extreme, as by definition those reasonable posters who are reticent to express their opinions usually aren’t drawn to call in shows or participating on public boards in the first place…they certainly don’t have time to report micro-transgressions to board moderators on a bi-monthly basis. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Also, Ron keeps on framing this as we have done something wrong.  We did what the guy repeatedly asked us to to and was told no and to just deactivate his account and walk away

I have zero sympathy here.  I told him I wouldn't do it for him, and if he is on another site complaining that he wishes he was back here complaining, well that sucks for him.  He also told us not to let him come back if he tried to.  

gonna just take this book and close it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There’s something a little off about wanting to court or risk mental health issues.  Cheering that on?  Why?  Boredom?  Rubber necking when passing an accident site?

You always want to err on the side of caution in these situations.  Because you never know the real life consequences, and asking to be banned repeatedly is a flashing red warning sign.  This is far from a self help or therapy site, it might be even be the diametrically-opposed opposite, based on numerous disagreements on Covid and politics over the years.

I’m sure the mods can survive getting called out.   Certainly, there are and always will be posters who take extreme positions or simply enjoy playing Devil’s Advocate or maybe even are courting attention for whatever reason, but it’s still a privately-controlled entity and free service and will probably always be managed that way.

There won’t be an IPO or NFT’s of banner art.

It seems Parkman has a need to participate in quite public boards, but he also has to consider the repercussions for his personal life, career and mental health.

In some ways the site can be a comforting, familiar place…but it can also bring out one’s worst instincts as well if one chooses to take things too personally or feels attacked/ganged up on.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

The vocal minority (of dumbies) always makes the most noise. Put the poll up and you'd see me getting 50+%. 

You mentioned something about respect in the other threads yet I see you giving any respect in the threads. I also see more trying to get under people’s skin out of you than actual content. Something for you to consider. I’d rather put a poll up about something Sox related than about a banned poster or about you.

Edited by The Beast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Also, Ron keeps on framing this as we have done something wrong.  We did what the guy repeatedly asked us to to and was told no and to just deactivate his account and walk away

I have zero sympathy here.  I told him I wouldn't do it for him, and if he is on another site complaining that he wishes he was back here complaining, well that sucks for him.  He also told us not to let him come back if he tried to.  

gonna just take this book and close it