What now for this series?

Chimpton

16 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Just win the next game and move on. I would imagine the Sox pitchers know the plan, but this secrecy about the rotation, if they don’t , can’t inspire confidence. I think cease starts game 3 hopefully he has his control and the Sox win. Game 4 should be all hands on deck, and let Hendriks go multiple innings if needed, because if they win, they get another off day, and I say let Gio go game 5 in Houston. He had really good stuff yesterday. I think he was trying to be too perfect, and it cost him. He goes out with that same stuff, maybe the Sox get a break or two and beat McCullers. 

it seems depressing, but nothing really has changed. They were always going to have to win a game in Houston or if they had HFA, win all of their home games. 

This - backs against the wall…this was never going to be easy…just do this Sox. One at a time….get Er done!!! 

Cease has given up 3 or less runs in 5 or more innings in 13 of his last 15 starts (including his last start in which he pitched 4 innings but was taken out after 69 pitches.

I feel more confident in Dylan than anyone else in the rotation at this point. If the Sox can go Dylan for 5, Kopech for 2, and Hendricks for 2 I think the Astros will be struggling to score. Ideally, the Sox can get some big offense early to save Hendricks for game 4. 

If I were a betting man, I would bet on the Sox in game 3. 

22 minutes ago, FriendlyNorthsider said:

Cease has given up 3 or less runs in 5 or more innings in 13 of his last 15 starts (including his last start in which he pitched 4 innings but was taken out after 69 pitches.

I feel more confident in Dylan than anyone else in the rotation at this point. If the Sox can go Dylan for 5, Kopech for 2, and Hendricks for 2 I think the Astros will be struggling to score. Ideally, the Sox can get some big offense early to save Hendricks for game 4. 

If I were a betting man, I would bet on the Sox in game 3. 

I think there’s a strong chance they will be trying to save Kopech today, or at least not having him be the first man out.

16 hours ago, 2Deep said:

I dont know.

The 1st 2 games have been demoralizing. This is what I was afraid off.  We kept coasting and seem to be playing that way in the playoffs while the team we are playing knows how to turn up the heat in playoffs.

We have been out pitched, out hit (zero XB hits), out managed, out played on defense.

Every aspect of the game we have been outplayed. 

We just need to win the next game and see what happens 

But Robert has been fun to watch. He has been like that biker kid that joined the Bad News Bears and was the one guy good enough he could have played on the other team.

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

This - backs against the wall…this was never going to be easy…just do this Sox. One at a time….get Er done!!! 

My thought exactly.  Win today's game then tie it up tomorrow.  This team is capable of winning 3 straight.