Game 4 pitching management thread

Buehrle>Wood

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I say you ride Hard Carl until he isn't effective. That may be 1 inning, it may be 5 or 6 or 7. You just have to be sure you win, and you have to think if they fall behind 5-1 again, there is a really good chance a comeback will not be in order. There is an off day tomorrow, which makes me really hate that Hendriks pitched in a 6 run game yesterday. You probably could have squeezed 3 innings if needed out of him today, and with an off day tomorrow, he would have been OK for game 5.

I would be shocked if Hendriks isn't available for today's game and game 5

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I would be shocked if Hendriks isn't available for today's game and game 5

He's definitely available, but if you push him for multiple innings today, he would be iffy in game 5 after being used in games 2, 3, and 4, with a long outing in game 4. He'd certainly warm up and take the ball if asked in game 5...but you worry about the long ball happening.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I say you ride Hard Carl until he isn't effective. That may be 1 inning, it may be 5 or 6 or 7. You just have to be sure you win, and you have to think if they fall behind 5-1 again, there is a really good chance a comeback will not be in order. There is an off day tomorrow, which makes me really hate that Hendriks pitched in a 6 run game yesterday. You probably could have squeezed 3 innings if needed out of him today, and with an off day tomorrow, he would have been OK for game 5.

For a second I thought you were talking Carl Everrett

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

While the PPD becoming official since this post, it changes things a bit, I completely agree we should not have thrown Hendriks once the Sox picked up 3 more runs. I didn't want to bring in Kimbrel when they did and didn't agree with taking him out when they did.