ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

I gotta think Dusty wants the safety Net of McCullers at home. Honestly if they switch that up...and pitch him tomorrow, Sox are winning this series. 

Houston's starters outside of McCullers have been just as bad as ours this series. Honestly the offense has executed the game plan in games 2 and 3 against their starters. The plan was always to get their starters out early and get into their bullpen and we've done that in 2 out of the 3 games. 

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

TLR thinking about Game 5 already lol 

And I'm sure Dusty is already thinking about the ALCS and what starting McCullers in game 4 would mean for their pitching alignment. It's basically the difference between having McCullers only go once or twice in a series. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They will be fine tomorrow. Kopech is the one who had an extended outing.

Tepera and Bummer went multiple innings, but neither had to throw more than 25 pitches. Kopech had to throw nearly 50. 

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Keuchel was not announced yesterday but someone followed up he was in the dugout.

Kinda crazy that he wasn't even on the taxi squad. If he had any kind of pride he'd work his ass off this off-season to get back to where he was in 2020. 

I think that if Dusty starts McCullers tomorrow, that would be a mistake on his part . if your Houston, you go for the win tomorrow with whomever, and if not, then you have McCullers well rested and in the band box that they play in . i think that if he does pitch tomorrow, it's a different story, and we get to him, and then it's all right there for the taking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, White Sox Park said:

I think that if Dusty starts McCullers tomorrow, that would be a mistake on his part . if your Houston, you go for the win tomorrow with whomever, and if not, then you have McCullers well rested and in the band box that they play in . i think that if he does pitch tomorrow, it's a different story, and we get to him, and then it's all right there for the taking.

If the Sox beat McCullers in 4, that really puts Houston in a really bad situation.

1 minute ago, White Sox Park said:

If you think Urquidy and Valdez are pretty close to each other in quality, pitch Urquidy tomorrow and save McCullers for a game 5. If you think Framber is significantly better, then you want McCullers and Valdez to each get starts on normal rest.

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the Sox beat McCullers in 4, that really puts Houston in a really bad situation.

Yep. And by saving McCullers for game 5, you give yourself a chance at the absolute best case scenario, which is winning game 4 without him and having him available to start game 1 of the ALCS.  I would be saving McCullers for game 5 without a doubt if I were Dusty.

Can't be afraid to face McCullers tomorrow. Your going to have to beat him to advance no matter what day he pitches. 

If I'm a Sox player I would really want another shot at him anyway. It's called being a competitor.

The extra time off helps the Sox in that it makes both Bummer and Tepera available. You also have Lynn who could throw an inning or maybe two. 

Hopefully not too many fans are negatively affected by the cancellation and the place is still packed and loud tomorrow because that really gave the team a boost last night.

If HOU throws McCullers game 4, that is a big mistake for them IMO.

Lance McCullers game 5 well rested in HOU scares the shit out of me.

Lance McCullers game 4 at CHI will be tough, but if we overcome that, we can win vs anyone else they have in game 5. Also, the fact Lance has once less day of rest pitching game 4 could be somewhat detrimental to him. 

I really hope they go through with it and pitch lance game 4. 

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Can't be afraid to face McCullers tomorrow. Your going to have to beat him to advance no matter what day he pitches. 

If I'm a Sox player I would really want another shot at him anyway. It's called being a competitor.

The extra time off helps the Sox in that it makes both Bummer and Tepera available. You also have Lynn who could throw an inning or maybe two. 

Hopefully not too many fans are negatively affected by the cancellation and the place is still packed and loud tomorrow because that really gave the team a boost last night.

Bingo. You have to face McCullers one way or another. I'd rather face him in a madhouse instead of Minute Maid.

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT
  • raBBit unpinned this topic