ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

19 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

That’s the one that said he was present, no other posts said so.

This account thinks Matt Foster and every Sox player is day to day after burning the the roof’s of their mouth’s while eating oven pizza. Lol And 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Can't be afraid to face McCullers tomorrow. Your going to have to beat him to advance no matter what day he pitches. 

If I'm a Sox player I would really want another shot at him anyway. It's called being a competitor.

The extra time off helps the Sox in that it makes both Bummer and Tepera available. You also have Lynn who could throw an inning or maybe two. 

Hopefully not too many fans are negatively affected by the cancellation and the place is still packed and loud tomorrow because that really gave the team a boost last night.

Lynn could throw 100 pitches tomorrow if they need it. He’s on normal rest.

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Or any roster. He apparently left the team since he wasnt announced as part of the taxi squad last night. I don't see anyone commenting on that though. Guess it got lost in the shuffle.

Got a link or tweet on this? 

15 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Can't be afraid to face McCullers tomorrow. Your going to have to beat him to advance no matter what day he pitches. 

If I'm a Sox player I would really want another shot at him anyway. It's called being a competitor.

Correct.  If he has the same command he had in game 1 (which is doubtful) they'll have to adjust their approach and give up part of the plate.  If his command is off they have to be aggressive early in the count and knock the bastard out of the game. 

16 minutes ago, Quin said:

Bingo. You have to face McCullers one way or another. I'd rather face him in a madhouse instead of Minute Maid.

We even sure what the atmosphere is going to be like tomorrow at 1pm on Tuesday with a make-up game time?  I'd be shocked if the crowd was even half as rowdy as last night. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

To clarify - confirm he wasn't announced? Or confirm he's not with the team?

I don't know for sure if he was there or not but he was not announced when all the taxi players were announced and on the field. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

We even sure what the atmosphere is going to be like tomorrow at 1pm on Tuesday with a make-up game time?  I'd be shocked if the crowd was even half as rowdy as last night. 

Yeah like...last night I brought my brothers. They can't make it...so I'm bringing my kids. I'm excited because they are so pumped but you are losing a lot of rowdy

7 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Yea but that still doesn't help us having to call off work lol 

The sun is actually out now too, although I'm assuming that won't last through the day

I've had to do a lot of shifting around, thankfully I can. However, I'm still glad. It would have been pretty brutal to have some 7 hour game with multiple hour rain delays. 

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah like...last night I brought my brothers. They can't make it...so I'm bringing my kids. I'm excited because they are so pumped but you are losing a lot of rowdy

Right.  I also think there will be some % of fans that just can't make it.  You take off work Monday to go to the game, and now suddenly you have to take off Tuesday as well?  Lots of work stuff rescheduled from Mon to Tue, etc. Most die hards will make it work, but for some it simply won't be possible. 

Hope I am wrong, but I am not expecting nearly as good of an atmosphere.  But frankly, I didn't for today's game either with it being a day game. But I did feel like Sox were better prepared to handle a game with multiple rain delays than the Astros.  So I am bummed its not happening today.  

Personally, I am watching the game regardless but 1pm tomorrow is far less convenient. 

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Right.  I also think there will be some % of fans that just can't make it.  You take off work Monday to go to the game, and now suddenly you have to take off Tuesday as well?  Lots of work stuff rescheduled from Mon to Tue, etc. Most die hards will make it work, but for some it simply won't be possible. 

Hope I am wrong, but I am not expecting nearly as good of an atmosphere.  But frankly, I didn't for today's game either with it being a day game. But I did feel like Sox were better prepared to handle a game with multiple rain delays than the Astros.  So I am bummed its not happening today.  

Personally, I am watching the game regardless but 1pm tomorrow is far less convenient. 

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

I gotta think Dusty wants the safety Net of McCullers at home. Honestly if they switch that up...and pitch him tomorrow, Sox are winning this series. 

We aren't hitting McCullers anywhere. But I do think Rodon can shut Houston down at home to give us a chance. If we so win, I'm not confident in any pitcher at Houston. 

• knightni changed the title to ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT
  • raBBit unpinned this topic