ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

No way am I pitching Rey Lo tomorrow unless they are up big or you are looking for an inning early. I am going Rodon to Lynn and than turning it to Bummer Tepera Kopech Crochet Hendricks in no particular order. 

I believe LaRussa already said Kopech is out today after a 50+ pitch outing on Sunday.

• knightni changed the title to ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT
7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This is BS. He is trying so hard to be an insider. If Rodon was throwing 95-100, wouldn't he have started game 3, the elimination game?

I think Cease warranted it as much as Carlos.  It blew up in their face.  Carlos has been and always will be a gamble with his health.  

44 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Game 4 is also an elimination game dude.

Yes, but can't get to game 4 without game 3. If Rodon has his velocity, he probably gives you the best chance to win over every Sox starter. If he is almost full strength, what sense does it make to save him for a game that might have not been played?

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

This is BS. He is trying so hard to be an insider. If Rodon was throwing 95-100, wouldn't he have started game 3, the elimination game?

And I love he says “reports” as if he has multiple sources.  Regardless, I hope he’s made a lucky guess and Rodon brings the fire!

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh shit, just realized after reading that Suntimes article that Cane Guy was my Sunday school teacher at one point as a kid.  Didn’t recognize him given his age, but what a small fucking world.

Did he have a cane?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh shit, just realized after reading that Suntimes article that Cane Guy was my Sunday school teacher at one point as a kid.  Didn’t recognize him given his age, but what a small fucking world.

Link?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes, but can't get to game 4 without game 3. If Rodon has his velocity, he probably gives you the best chance to win over every Sox starter. If he is almost full strength, what sense does it make to save him for a game that might have not been played?

First of all, you said “the elimination game”, not “an elimination game”, as if there was only one of them, so your language was a little weird sounding.

Second, you are telling us that a decision by this coaching staff makes no sense without realizing that’s just a the complete norm for this coaching staff. If Rodons fastball is ok why didn’t he pitch earlier - I don’t know, it would be a dumb call by the coaching staff (personally I wanted him followed by the bullpen in game 2). If Rodon’s fastball isn’t ok, why is he starting in an elimination game today? I don’t know, it would be a dumb call by the coaching staff. Maybe the commonality is a dumb coaching staff?

29 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

27 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Link?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2021/10/11/22720691/white-sox-fan-cane-guy-game-3-astros-rob-holt-alds-american-league-playoffs-guaranteed-rate-field

If we win today, we have GOT to get this guy to Houston, cost be damned. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, XplodingScorbord said:

If he gets on the scoreboard today y’all need to make that place erupt.

• raBBit unpinned this topic