ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

I'm gonna throw this out there:

Maybe Rodon's bullpen was good on last wednesday, but given how that shoulder has been unpredictable they decided to go with Cease who had been pitching very well this year, and had a pretty dynamic start his last time vs. the astros that they didn't pull him soon enough.

But by time they made the decision on Cease, Carlos' shoulder has continued to feel very good to Carlos, so they are more optimistic than they were last saturday that he could give them starters innings.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

First of all, you said “the elimination game”, not “an elimination game”, as if there was only one of them, so your language was a little weird sounding.

Second, you are telling us that a decision by this coaching staff makes no sense without realizing that’s just a the complete norm for this coaching staff. If Rodons fastball is ok why didn’t he pitch earlier - I don’t know, it would be a dumb call by the coaching staff (personally I wanted him followed by the bullpen in game 2). If Rodon’s fastball isn’t ok, why is he starting in an elimination game today? I don’t know, it would be a dumb call by the coaching staff. Maybe the commonality is a dumb coaching staff?

My point was if he was anywhere near 100%, why would you wait to use him in a game that might not have been played?  Dumb coaching or not, there is no reason to think he is going to be throwing 95-100.

51 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh shit, just realized after reading that Suntimes article that Cane Guy was my Sunday school teacher at one point as a kid.  Didn’t recognize him given his age, but what a small fucking world.

This is the way.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Also if you can go to the game today, Stubhub is as cheap at $59 right now.  You can get onto the club level for under $150.

I should have flown to Chicago last night after all.

19 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Pretty sure I would have stuck with Engels in the outfield for defense but yeah I’m ok.

Hernandez 2-4 with 2 doubles vs McCullers but I do agree. 

Meanwhile current Astros vs Rodon: .184 average, .222 OBP, .252 Slugging. He's dominated them in 109 plate appearances. 

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Hernandez 2-4 with 2 doubles vs McCullers but I do agree. 

Meanwhile current Astros vs Rodon: .184 average, .222 OBP, .252 Slugging. He's dominated them in 109 plate appearances. 

How baseball would it be if Rodon went 8 innings and gave up 1 weak ass hit with 0 runs?

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

• raBBit unpinned this topic