ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

Just now, soulfly said:

If you get offers for Eloy this off season, you (hopefully) sell high.  Let's bring in some high IQ baseball players, for the love of god.

You’re not selling high tho. Eloy going nowhere. 

Just now, Capn12 said:

Eloy can't hit 91 in. Organization better start really thinking about what to do with him, he has regressed something fierce.

Hes in a bad slump.  Problem is he's utterly useless when he's not hitting. He's a K and GIDP threat in the heart of the order who is a dog in the field.

Just now, chw42 said:

They are better though. Game 1 and game 4 looked like how we look against the bottom feeders of the league. 

Well, Game 1 was a pitcher who we know sucks in Houston but is ok against them on the road so we pitched him in Houston and were astonished he sucked. 

Game 4 was a pitcher we knew only had so much in the tank, so we waited until he loaded the bases then left him in. Then went to the pitcher we said we weren't going to use because he worked hard on Sunday.

And throughout all of that, we have defensive positioning giving them baserunners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Quin said:

This team was so much better on offense at the beginning of the season when they weren't relying on home run-or-nothing and were focusing on generating runs.

But wasn’t that also just getting crazy BABIP luck and Yermin with a ridiculous hot stretch

Just now, fathom said:

Gonna need to change everything about his swing and stance. 

Yep. And I think he will. He hates this more than all of us. It’s in there tho and that’s the biggest hurdle. People talking about trading him coming off 21 are nuts.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Watch the Red Sox against these guys. I doubt you're going to see a starter last 5+ the whole series, maybe from both teams. A lot of them will last 3 or 4 innings and will be pulled before they're allowed to break.

The lineups are too good. You tell your guy to empty the tank the first 3 or 4 innings and that you will pull him when he gets into trouble. Note how different that has been from the White Sox, who only pulled 1 starter with the lead all series (Giolito - and in that case they brought in a guy who was bound to fail!)

Astros won game 1 easily with McCullers going 6 2/3. Winning game 4 with McCullers only giving up 1 in 4 innings. Giants have a 2-1 lead because their starters are shoving, and you can't tell me the Dodgers don't have a top 5 offense in the league. Same with the Braves beating the Brewers.

The Sox only pulled a starter with a lead once because the other ones all gave up a ton of runs. Lucas was the only one to be halfway decent and yes LaRussa blew that one, but the entire bullpen has given up runs except Tepera and Hendricks because they've thrown a TON of innings.

Allright guys its been a riot. Thanks for the season. I really wish we had a comeback in us but its gonna be to no avail. Baseball is done for me. I could care less about the rest when the sox are out. See ya 

• raBBit unpinned this topic