ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

pitching was so fucking awful lol, it's funny how people are so quick to slam Menechino and ignore the fact that our top guys other than Granfail and Elroy have all performed reasonably well this series, yet Katz gets a huge pass, how is that logical 😂

they need coaches who these guys can relate to and will listen to and respect, we have zero coaches like that, food for thought

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Beat it

Take it out on someone else. Good job setting an example. 👎

Im encouraging fans to root for the team in the middle of a playoff game and you’re making personal attacks as a mod.

Awesome. Go you.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Why can't it be both??

The person I originally quoted stated "It all boils down to TLR not being the man to push them over the top.  The season and now the post season proved that."

Tony is living rent free in that man's head. Tony's managing was a problem, but a bigger problem was the talent deficit, and subsequently pitchers shitting the bed. If TLR manages the series perfectly, the Sox still lose. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

What’s your guess on Rodon deal? I’ll go 3/$45M. 

Question is if he will take the QO or a deal like you mentioned. Some team like the Angels will probably offer something like that to him.

Just now, ron883 said:

How you can watch this team and think that the talent deficit isn't a problem is beyond me. 

You make up talent deficit by playing the game the right way.  You give it away by playing it the wrong way.  There is nothing that Tony's leadership did this year to help that.  There is nothing to be pointed at this season to say "Oh man the Sox got better at X" that you can point to Tony as the reason for.

There is no doubt in my mind that somehow Jerry though that this Tony move was the move to be made in lieu of spending for real talent to finish this roster, and it blew up in his face like Wild E Coyote.

The only real good news here is the LaRussa move failing puts the onus back on management to approve some real talent acquision this winter, because this teams management isn't nearly good enough to manage this team deep.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

On the other side - Astros showed the Sox how far away they are from a top AL competitor. Deep lineup, work counts, force things to go your way. Good defensive positioning, make plays, don't make too many mistakes. Pitch to the other team's weaknesses. Kudos to them, minus the cheating. If this game doesn't change I think they're the AL world series team. They're going to beat on Boston's pitching the same way they did ours.

You didn't stress enough the cheating aspect of it all. These dudes were caught red handed, they received a slap on the wrist, how do you know for sure they aren't still cheating? 

also, the last time the Sox were an actual threat (2005) they played in a highly competitive division that kept them on their toes all year especially at the end

until this division is not the laughing stock of baseball, this team isn't gonna have what it takes to get past the first rd

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

crap. I was in the stands and I called the comeback. I forget the end results. just go with it. 

I was there too. My brother and I were walking on the concourse to leave the game when Konerko hit a 2run HR to make it 9-2. We sat down and stayed for the rest. Incredible game to be at despite the loss.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

How you can watch this team and think that leadership isn't a problem is beyond me.

Tony was clueless half the season. Actually the players bailed him out. The trade deadline was terrible. Too much Kenny info. And the thing is it ain't gonna change. Even when jerry is gone another reinsdorf will take over with the same bad habits. 

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

also, the last time the Sox were an actual threat (2005) they played in a highly competitive division that kept them on their toes all year especially at the end

until this division is not the laughing stock of baseball, this team isn't gonna have what it takes to get past the first rd

It's the division's fault we lost!

• Haha 1

Just now, MexSoxFan#1 said:

You didn't stress enough the cheating aspect of it all. These dudes were caught red handed, they received a slap on the wrist, how do you know for sure they aren't still cheating? 

They might be, but that's a cop out right now. As far as we can tell they're just better.

• Like 1

• raBBit unpinned this topic