ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

How many pitchers were put in a position to fail in one series?

Lynn - should never have pitched in Houston in the first place. 
Lynn - left in too long
Crochet - used in back to back games for completely bizarre reasons
Bummer - got tons of ground balls, defensive positioning was terrible.
Rodon - left in too long.
Kopech - put into a game where he was literally not supposed to pitch because of the high workload 2 days ago.

I will give you Kimbrel was awful.

You've got to be kidding, who are you their agent?  You can spin it any way you want, but the pitching was flat out horrible.  Go ahead and make excuses.

• Like 1

So the Astros likely lose Correa this offseason, but 2 of their top 3 prospects can play SS, and another one is a catcher. On top of that, they'll have to sign him yes, but they'll probably be adding Verlander back next season for at least a chunk of the year. Tucker and Alvarez are still young and may well get better. Their pitching staff is young, and that young CF who got hurt today really looked tough.

Are we just counting on them all getting hurt next year?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Anyone can be better if they know what pitch is coming up, cheaters don't get the benefit of the doubt, they barely beat the Yankees and Dodgers even when they were flat out cheating, fuck these guys, sorry.

That doubt will always be there but you can't just give up because they cheat. Sox had plenty of chances to win and blew it.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Lynn - left in too long
Kopech - put into a game where he was literally not supposed to pitch because of the high workload 2 days ago.

Kimbrel gets out of his bad inning with nothing if the defense is right.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

So the Astros likely lose Correa this offseason, but 2 of their top 3 prospects can play SS, and another one is a catcher. On top of that, they'll have to sign him yes, but they'll probably be adding Verlander back next season for at least a chunk of the year. Tucker and Alvarez are still young and may well get better. Their pitching staff is young, and that young CF who got hurt today really looked tough.

How about Yankees, Jays and Red Sox

Just now, Tony said:

The guy you spent defending every day? Really? 

If the Sox fired TLR, I’d love It. But I think we’re talking about like 5% chance. More likely he decides the grind isn’t for him anymore And he gracefully steps Away. Even if Sox wanted him gone, that’s how he’d go. 

Why are we all getting so upset?  To steal and edit a famous quote "The White Sox were who we thought they were".  They beat up on  a horrible Central division and played like shit against playoff caliber and plus .500 teams.  If they were in any other division except maybe the National League East they wouldn't even be in the playoffs.  They need a manager to take them to the next level.  Old Man TLR certainly is not that man but we are stuck with him because we all know how loyal Reinsdorf is.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

The guy you spent defending every day? Really? 

Yea, he's failed. I've said all year it's pass fail based on post season. Well he failed. Thanks for the division title and a fun regular season, but you failed to have the team ready and made some questionable decisions as well.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Getting into the playoffs should be a cakewalk next year. They need to emphasize from the start the importance of making guys hit their way on base. They have been killed by that this series. 

No, I think they should emphasize just being healthy for the postseason....I was told many times here this year that was the way to go.

• Fire 1

I would have hoped that this organization would have been neutered for at least 10 years instead of the relative wrist slap they got. 

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Lynn - left in too long

Come on, dude. I led the TLR charge for a while when he was asleep at the wheel, but they didn't perform in the playoffs. TLR was far from perfect, but the Sox aren't winning this series with another manager right now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The person I originally quoted stated "It all boils down to TLR not being the man to push them over the top.  The season and now the post season proved that."

Tony is living rent free in that man's head. Tony's managing was a problem, but a bigger problem was the talent deficit, and subsequently pitchers shitting the bed. If TLR manages the series perfectly, the Sox still lose. 

Coaching put this team at a massive disadvantage and it showed out in the post season.  If you think he did a good job, you are beyond help.  I choose not to engage with you after your multiple attempts to troll me.  Please just put me on ignore and move on.

• Fire 1

Meyers is not some top prospect. He'll probably be a useful player, but I doubt he'll turn into a 5 win player. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

If the Sox fired TLR, I’d love It. But I think we’re talking about like 5% chance. More likely he decides the grind isn’t for him anymore And he gracefully steps Away. Even if Sox wanted him gone, that’s how he’d go. 

The ONLY way TLR is gone is if he does it himself.  No one in this organization will touch him.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Kimbrel gets out of his bad inning with nothing if the defense is right.

True, but he's one guy I still expected better from. 

2 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

You've got to be kidding, who are you their agent?  You can spin it any way you want, but the pitching was flat out horrible.  Go ahead and make excuses.

Isn't ignoring that literally making excuses for the debacle in the dugout?

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea, he's failed. I've said all year it's pass fail based on post season. Well he failed. Thanks for the division title and a fun regular season, but you failed to have the team ready and made some questionable decisions as well.

Fair enough. Respect that. I defended the Kimbrel move and continue to think it made sense on paper, but it was also a massive bust of a move. 

• Like 1

• raBBit unpinned this topic