ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

2 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

You've got to be kidding, who are you their agent?  You can spin it any way you want, but the pitching was flat out horrible.  Go ahead and make excuses.

It was a combination of bad pitching management, bad pitch selection and bad pitching.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Come on, dude. I led the TLR charge for a while when he was asleep at the wheel, but they didn't perform in the playoffs. TLR was far from perfect, but the Sox aren't winning this series with another manager right now. 

I am fully convinced that with a better manager this is a 5 game series and I don't know who wins game 5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

The guy you spent defending every day? Really? 

Are you here to do anything more than to intentionally get into it with other posters? 

I think you’re just upset by the game and you’re taking it out on your own kind.

Way to go.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

If the Sox fired TLR, I’d love It. But I think we’re talking about like 5% chance. More likely he decides the grind isn’t for him anymore And he gracefully steps Away. Even if Sox wanted him gone, that’s how he’d go. 

There's 0% he gets fired. That would make reinsdorf look bad. Jerry doesn't look bad. And his tool employees just go with the flow

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Come on, dude. I led the TLR charge for a while when he was asleep at the wheel, but they didn't perform in the playoffs. TLR was far from perfect, but the Sox aren't winning this series with another manager right now. 

Yep too many players struggled.  It’s a broken record but it’s not much different than how they played the last few months. This team never peaked.

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I am fully convinced that with a better manager this is a 5 game series and I don't know who wins game 5.

I mean game 2 alone was probably lost due to shitty managing, so I don't think that's too much of a reach.

• Like 1

I can always count on Soxtalk acting like a good White Sox team is actually a 100 loss team. And all wins were based on luck and departed players.

I loved the progress they made, the "next man up" attitude to overcome injuries that would have devastated a lesser team, and the emergence of some elite young hitters and pitchers.

But, so many here will bask in the glow of their "I told ya so's" and pretend to be fans while rooting for negative outcomes.

I guess congrats are in order for you. 

2020...Wild Card.
2021...Division. 

Next step...League Champ.

Keep moving forward.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Meyers is not some top prospect. He'll probably be a useful player, but I doubt he'll turn into a 5 win player. 

But at the very least, that's not a hole they have to fill with money. They lose Correa, but I see no reason why they can't be right back here next year, as good or better.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Are you here to do anything more than to intentionally get into it with other posters? 

I think you’re just upset by the game and you’re taking it out on your own kind.

Way to go.

Again, I don't want to be lectured by you. You've spent years spewing absolute drunken nonsense on this board and we've all put up with it. 

So I don't want to hear from you about post quality. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep too many players struggled.  It’s a broken record but it’s not much different than how they played the last few months. This team never peaked.

Hahn was another problem as well. His deadline acquisitions minus Tepera have all not panned out. How you can not get an impact bat for this team is baffling to me. Kris Bryant for example would've looked really nice here.

Edited by SoxAce

• raBBit unpinned this topic