ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

10 minutes ago, soulfly said:

I don't think this is a white thing.  Plenty of guys all colors wear chains.  But, to a degree, I agree.  Some of these guys are more concerned with the amount of chains they are seen wearing than their play on the field it seems.  Now, if these guys were adding chains or charms for doing something awesome in the playoffs, lets fucking go.  Wear all the skulls of your enemies.  But if you are hitting .240, go fuck off, keep that shit in your locker.

Are we becoming the Chicago Bling Sox?.

Edited by hankchifan

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I hate to say it, but this season was a failure. No growth or development. Traded young assets for rentals that were trash and hurt the future of the club.

Obviously prefer to make playoffs and it was more enjoyable, but the boredom that was the second half to be topped off like this with non-competitive baseball in the few games that counted is rough.

Hahn needs to make a splash this off-season, and have it actually work for once.

Yeah it was real disappointing. 2nd half outside of a few moments was a slog and boring af. It felt like winning 2 or 3 games a week would be a good week for this team during August and September. 

The lack of development from Kopech and Crochet to be starters next year was disappointing. Eloy was awful after August and took a step back from his season in 2020. Moncada, while having a good year, lost most of his power and a lot of his value was based on walks and defense. We just weren't good enough.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, soulfly said:

I don't think this is a white thing.  Plenty of guys all colors wear chains.  But, to a degree, I agree.  Some of these guys are more concerned with the amount of chains they are seen wearing than their play on the field it seems.  Now, if these guys were adding chains or charms for doing something awesome in the playoffs, lets fucking go.  Wear all the skulls of your enemies.  But if you are hitting .240, go fuck off, keep that shit in your locker.

Who gives a shit if they wear chains?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

My guess - they're going to come out talking positively about this season and how much they overcame, and the only things that will change in terms of staff will be from people who want to leave on their own, or that LaRussa decided he wanted gone.

Why would Tony want to return at his age? Money? I guess you could maybe bank on dominating the division five or six years and maybe catch lightning and win 1-2 WS titles if things are ideal. The way baseball is going the Sox will be in a one-game series some of those years and anything can happen there. 

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Could you pls list the positive contributions that TLR has made this season that would justify him coming back.  We have played .500 baseball sinceASB, didn’t go aggressively for HFA, too many Sunday lineups and Keuchel starts, kind of sucked in the playoffs.   I think we need a change.

I think he has exposed tons of holes in this team.  Now its mgt job to do right and fix the flaws.   I haven't believed this was a world series contending  team since the all star break yes.   Still hoped like hell but just looking at the bullpen roster I knew I was getting my alcs ticket money returned.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I hate to say it, but this season was a failure. No growth or development. Traded young assets for rentals that were trash and hurt the future of the club.

Obviously prefer to make playoffs and it was more enjoyable, but the boredom that was the second half to be topped off like this with non-competitive baseball in the few games that counted is rough.

Hahn needs to make a splash this off-season, and have it actually work for once.

Uncle Jerry needs to open the wallet.  No more Adam Eaton half measures and entering the season with little depth.  And while I think many here are overreacting to a weird 2021 season for certain players, it’s clear we need to diversify the offense.  Too many RH hitters and too many guys that struggle with breaking balls.

3 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

The Sox were unlucky in that their opening round playoff opponent was the best team in the AL. The Sox would have stood a chance against Boston or Tampa Bay. (not the Yankess)

We still would have needed to beat them to get out of the AL. 

4 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I know we all have our differences sometimes but I love all you fine people because we all bleed black and white. We may argue over the details, but we are brethren. Let's all be miserable together now! 

Fuck you!!!

• Haha 2

Just now, Slewpy said:

I think he has exposed tons of holes in this team.  Now its mgt job to do right and fix the flaws.   I haven't believed this was a world series contending  team since the all star break yes.   Still hoped like hell but just looking at the bullpen roster I knew I was getting my alcs ticket money returned.

The entire world could see the holes in this team. That isn't an achievement.  The problem is the holes HE could affect, he didn't.

• Like 2

Just now, chw42 said:

Yeah it was real disappointing. 2nd half outside of a few moments was a slog and boring af. It felt like winning 2 or 3 games a week would be a good week for this team during August and September. 

The lack of development from Kopech and Crochet to be starters next year was disappointing. Eloy was awful after August and took a step back from his season in 2020. Moncada, while having a good year, lost most of his power and a lot of his value was based on walks and defense. We just weren't good enough.

Robert and Cease were the bright spots in terms of development.   Crochet and Kopech were wasted years.  Biggest issue going forward is escalating contracts and Keuchel/Kimbrel wasted money 

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Afraid to think if TLR is back it won't really mean a whole lot. He's just a dinosaur.

Agreed on all points. the lack of development for Moncada and Eloy really hurts. and even though Madrigal is one dimensional...it's a great dimension that stinks for 2 innings of Kimbrel. 

Hahn absolutely needs a star. There are several available, no excuses, the ticket gates were great in a covid season. 

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Why would Tony want to return at his age? Money? I guess you could maybe bank on dominating the division five or six years and maybe catch lightning and win 1-2 WS titles if things are ideal. The way baseball is going the Sox will be in a one-game series some of those years and anything can happen there. 

Why did he want to return this time?  Ego and unrealistic expectations of his own abilities.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Who gives a shit if they wear chains?

I literally said, wear skulls and all the shit you want if you are crushing people.  If you aren't, then don't.  I'm pro skulls of your enemies.  Never said I'm anti chains.

• raBBit unpinned this topic