ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Nope, their pitching stinks

Well, we'll never know for sure now that TB is out but if the Red Sox beat the Astros, it will prove the Astros were beatable. The winner of the Giants/Dodgers series will be World Series champs so it's all a mute point anyways, those two teams are the cream of the crop.

20 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I am guessing because one of their players accused them of cheating

They did cheat, so... deal with the suspicion. Also if they wanted to prove something - get hits off Tepera.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Man if you are defending Tony today, I am not the one who is dreaming.  The man had one job.  His team completely failed and shit the bed.  That's on him.  That is quite literally why they fired Ricky after last year.  Believe it or not the manager IS responsible for how their team plays and performs.

The team coasted to a very convincing Central crown.  Yes he is responsible.  This roster was not ready to make the kind of run we all wished we would see.  Just seeing that previous post of a pitching staff with an era over 8 tells me everything I need to know.

20 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I hate to say it, but this season was a failure. No growth or development. Traded young assets for rentals that were trash and hurt the future of the club.

Obviously prefer to make playoffs and it was more enjoyable, but the boredom that was the second half to be topped off like this with non-competitive baseball in the few games that counted is rough.

Hahn needs to make a splash

• raBBit unpinned this topic