ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

41 minutes ago, hi8is said:

We certainly just were reminded that a defense first offensively limited catcher is an option if you’ve got a productive lineup around him.

I think that limits the AB’s for Vaughn and Sheets if Grandal moves to DH/backup C so I’m guessing one of them is going to have to be traded. Collins will most likely be gone as well.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

I don’t give AF what people say, Rick Renteria should still be the manager of this team. Hahn was too smart for his own good when he fired Ricky and got big timed by Reinsdorf, who brought his corpse of a friend in. Nothing was the same after that. 

It has been worse than with Ricky.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Grandal calls for fastballs with runners on, because that is all he is comfortable catching.

The Sox really need to bring in two defensive catchers, and either add another DH/1B or move him and or others. Problem is the Dodgers want no part of him, and there are few if any teams willing to take on that salary.

Grandal could be DH and backup catcher.  We will need to sign a good defensive catcher that can throw runners out.  And we need to coach our pitching staff to keep runners close IMO.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Since he maybe was the worst offender he should be more gracious.

Or maybe Tepera can keep his thoughts to himself or keep them within the clubhouse. It was a real dumb thing to say, especially down 1-2 in the series.

The Astros beat the Sox 8 of 11 this season, and it had nothing to do with cheating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Say what you will about Ricky, his boys didn't quit in Oakland.

Tony, I hope you get a decade plus of rest starting tomorrow.

Ricky fired himself by going off the rails mentally as his team was staggering into the playoffs.  Not that you're wrong or anything.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Or maybe Tepera can keep his thoughts to himself or keep them within the clubhouse. It was a real dumb thing to say, especially down 1-2 in the series.

The Astros beat the Sox 8 of 11 this season, and it had nothing to do with cheating.

And the Astros winning today had zero to do with Tepera saying anything.  Those pricks cheated and should be reminded about it constantly especially since MLB did very little to them.  Screw the whole lot of them and anyone who defends them like Gammons.  Not to mention throwing at a guy when you are up 7-1 and about to advance.  Real class organization there.

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

And the Astros winning today had zero to do with Tepera saying anything.  Those pricks cheated and should be reminded about it constantly especially since MLB did very little to them.  Screw the whole lot of them and anyone who defends them like Gammons.  Not to mention throwing at a guy when you are up 7-1 and about to advance.  Real class organization there.

Yeah the stuff that happened at the end of the game was inexcusable. It can really come back and bite them in the butt later. 

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

I apologize to everyone for my performance at games this year. Only made it out to two games…one was today and the other was the brutal Lynn game against the Cubs. 

I tried my hardest and it wasn’t enough. 

I feel better now that I have the closure from you finally admitting that.  

Seriously that must've been a tough one to watch in person. 

May you be blessed with multiple playoff wins "live" next season.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

The Astros sure looked motivated, played motivated from start to finish.

Look, I get that people are venting, but the bottom line is only one team was prepared to play or manage throughout the series. The other team's primary concern was bitching about unwritten rules. You want to show up the other team, beat their ass like a drum. You want to lose, keep the focus on bullshit. Tony is a lifetime expert in that department.

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

The Astros cheating should be shouted as loudly as possible at every opportunity possible. They should not be playing baseball. The Black Sox would never be banned if it happened today.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Astros sure looked motivated, played motivated from start to finish.

Look, I get that people are venting, but the bottom line is only one team was prepared to play or manage throughout the series. The other team's primary concern was bitching about unwritten rules. You want to show up the other team, beat their ass like a drum. You want to lose, keep the focus on bullshit. Tony is a lifetime expert in that department.

I'm just not going to criticize Tepera, mostly because he was the only pitcher out there that got the job done.

But yes I am venting because I'm pissed, nothing against you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

The Astros cheating should be shouted as loudly as possible at every opportunity possible. They should not be playing baseball. The Black Sox would never be banned if it happened today.

The fact that no player was punished....that's some bullshit there.

• Like 2

• raBBit unpinned this topic