ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Based on the amount of swearing here and how much I enjoy it, did you know Friday is National Cursing Day?  I so hope the Sox are in game one of the ALCS that day.  This place could be epic. 😁

Fuck yea.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, soulfly said:

Gonna make it even more sweet when they put up 5 against him and chase him early.

You have to let McCullars and Valdez get their walks in. McCullars will wilt like an October pussywillow. 

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

Based on the amount of swearing here and how much I enjoy it, did you know Friday is National Cursing Day?  I so hope the Sox are in game one of the ALCS that day.  This place could be epic. 😁

Liam Hendriks needs to be pitching that day....they must get this done.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, bighurt574 said:

Same here.  When we named him our Game 1 starter, I didn't realize how much he'd struggled against HOU.  Last handful of starts (going back to his time w/ TEX too):

10/7/21 - 3.2 IP, 5 ER

6/19/21 - 4 IP, 6 ER

9/24/20 - 5.2 IP, 9 ER

9/3/20 - 6 IP, 6 ER

I'm fine not seeing Lynn again in the ALDS.  Save him for Game 1 in the ALCS if we advance.  

Lynn not a good matchup against the Astros,the best fastball hitting team in MLB, with Lynn being a fastball pitcher.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Lynn not a good matchup against the Astros,the best fastball hitting team in MLB, with Lynn being a fastball pitcher.

And then I believe he even threw more fastballs than usual.  Odd.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

And then I believe he even threw more fastballs than usual.  Odd.

Houston was 10th in wOBA against sinkers, 2nd against the cutter, and 5th against the 4 seam fastball. It could explain why he was throwing his sinker so much in game 1, but he kept missing with it. 

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I believe he threw 72 fastballs out of 76 pitches, although it’s fair to say that he has 3 different types of fastballs.

I hate when people say he only throws fastballs. Yeah, they're variations of a fastball, but a cutter and a 4 seamer are very very different. You'd think he's up there like Jake McGee or Richard Rodriguez throwing 94 MPH 4 seamers every pitch with the way some people talk about it, but that's not what's happening at all. 

5 hours ago, hi8is said:

McCullers stats show out better on the road but this isn’t a normal road game, as we all know.

He also tends to blow up the third time through a lineup. We’ve got to get to him by being patient and really need to scrape through a couple runs while we get to that point of the game while hoping Rodon can absolutely shut the Ashoes down for two times through their order.

Formula is be patient, work the count and build up his pitch count, avoid swinging at sliders out of the zone and look for the fastball to hit.  Easier said than done, but if we execute we are in business.

5 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Formula is be patient, work the count and build up his pitch count, avoid swinging at sliders out of the zone and look for the fastball to hit.  Easier said than done, but if we execute we are in business.

Be patient yes, but be looking for his sinker in a specific half of the plate. If he throws it there on the first pitch, crush it. If he doesn't throw it there until the third pitch, then wait until the third pitch then crush it. Take his sliders or his sinkers at the edges or off the plate, but don't take pitches just to take pitches.

If he has trouble throwing his slider for strikes and the hitters are disciplined enough to lay off them, it can get ugly for him.

• Like 2

• knightni changed the title to ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT
  • raBBit unpinned this topic