ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Pitching was supposed to be our strong suit. Instead, they shit the bed. None of them even went past 5 innings. WAY too many walks. You don't win without starting pitching. That ultimately is the downfall of this 2021 squad.

The starting pitching peaked too early. A healthy Rodon and Lynn could have gone a long way in the postseason. Instead one had his shoulder fall off and the other one had knee issues. 

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I can't say this enough, NOTHING changed from 2020 to 2021 in terms of what the Sox needed to fix to get deep in the post season.  The baseball IQ didn't come up, the defense didn't get any better, and the pitching wasn't able to figure it out against the top of the league.

TLR deserves blame for sure, but the players just didn't perform. That's all there is too it. The starters flat out sucked. 

• Like 1

On the other side - Astros showed the Sox how far away they are from a top AL competitor. Deep lineup, work counts, force things to go your way. Good defensive positioning, make plays, don't make too many mistakes. Pitch to the other team's weaknesses. Kudos to them, minus the cheating. If this game doesn't change I think they're the AL world series team. They're going to beat on Boston's pitching the same way they did ours.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Ok - let’s go ahead and talk about how the games over and focus only on plans for next year while there’s 3 innings left.

Poop

Does that work for you? That's more your brand, right? 

Beat it

Just now, wegner said:

Good idea...you go 1st

Well, I think it starts with addressing our late inning competitiveness. Perhaps we should look to more grinder types.

Give a call to our cross town rivals and see if they have any interest in dealing that injured kid.

Let’s get creative.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The starting pitching peaked too early. A healthy Rodon and Lynn could have gone a long way in the postseason. Instead one had his shoulder fall off and the other one had knee issues. 

What’s your guess on Rodon deal? I’ll go 3/$45M. 

Just now, hi8is said:

Well, I think it starts with addressing our late inning competitiveness. Perhaps we should look to more grinder types.

Give a call to our cross town rivals and see if they have any interest in dealing that injured kid.

Let’s get creative.

Oh no, you actually talked about it....you do think this game is over....crap.

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

I have this odd feeling right now. I haven't felt this since Iguchi's 8 RBI game...If they score this inning...they are winning this game. 

Applaud the optimism. 

• raBBit unpinned this topic