ALDS Game 4 - HOU @ CWS - 1:07 pm CDT

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

pitching was so fucking awful lol, it's funny how people are so quick to slam Menechino and ignore the fact that our top guys other than Granfail and Elroy have all performed reasonably well this series, yet Katz gets a huge pass, how is that logical 😂

they need coaches who these guys can relate to and will listen to and respect, we have zero coaches like that, food for thought

How many pitchers were put in a position to fail in one series?

Lynn - should never have pitched in Houston in the first place. 
Lynn - left in too long
Crochet - used in back to back games for completely bizarre reasons
Bummer - got tons of ground balls, defensive positioning was terrible.
Rodon - left in too long.
Kopech - put into a game where he was literally not supposed to pitch because of the high workload 2 days ago.

I will give you Kimbrel was awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

The person I originally quoted stated "It all boils down to TLR not being the man to push them over the top.  The season and now the post season proved that."

Tony is living rent free in that man's head. Tony's managing was a problem, but a bigger problem was the talent deficit, and subsequently pitchers shitting the bed. If TLR manages the series perfectly, the Sox still lose. 

LaRussa was brought in because Renteria could not get the job done in the postseason.  Whatever Tony did to prepare this team for October clearly did not work.  Maybe they just aren't built for October yet, but I think he was a bigger problem than you think.

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

Tony was clueless half the season. Actually the players bailed him out. The trade deadline was terrible. Too much Kenny info. And the thing is it ain't gonna change. Even when jerry is gone another reinsdorf will take over with the same bad habits. 

The division bailed this team out. They were begging another team to make a run the entire second half but no one did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

You didn't stress enough the cheating aspect of it all. These dudes were caught red handed, they received a slap on the wrist, how do you know for sure they aren't still cheating? 

If that is case the sox should have came up with a game plan to prevent this

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

They might be, but that's a cop out right now. As far as we can tell they're just better.

Anyone can be better if they know what pitch is coming up, cheaters don't get the benefit of the doubt, they barely beat the Yankees and Dodgers even when they were flat out cheating, fuck these guys, sorry.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Just now, JoshPR said:

If that is case the sox should have came up with a game plan to prevent this

I said this before game 1, if they didn't come up with an extremely elaborate way to relay pitches to the pitcher vs Houston it should be a firable offense

Just now, almagest said:

They might be, but that's a cop out right now. As far as we can tell they're just better.

Their defense up the middle has been better.  Management bad on both sides.  Their offense is clicking while ours isn't but theirs is a veteran offense and ours younger.  Their SP has gotten the ball over the plate more in counts where they needed to.  

I'm not convinced that we aren't the overall better team.  Take out a team in the AL Central, put the Astros in their place, I still think we have a shot at winning the division.

Its just the same shit with us though, poor fundamentals.  They definitely are a better fundamental team.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

How many pitchers were put in a position to fail in one series?

Lynn - should never have pitched in Houston in the first place. 
Lynn - left in too long
Crochet - used in back to back games for completely bizarre reasons
Bummer - got tons of ground balls, defensive positioning was terrible.
Rodon - left in too long.
Kopech - put into a game where he was literally not supposed to pitch because of the high workload 2 days ago.

I will give you Kimbrel was awful.

Lynn was a bad decision for sure, but he still sucked and didn't get through 3. Bullpen had to cover too many innings and I'm not sure if it mattered who was in there because they couldn't pitch Tepera 4 innings.

Crochet was a terrible decision as well, but Giolito couldn't make it past 4. That's a lot to cover and the bullpen never stopped giving up runs.

Bummer has had the same issues all year. Defensive positioning definitely an issue.

Rodon was left in too long, and it probably should've been Tepera, but the bullpen again never stopped giving up runs.

Kopech sucked in both appearances.

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

I said this before game 1, if they didn't come up with an extremely elaborate way to relay pitches to the pitcher vs Houston it should be a firable offense

I wonder how Cora will prep. 

Just now, soulfly said:

We are worse, actually, when you think about it.  Now we have a hole at 2b where we didn't have one before.

Hey our 2B just got a hit....and you can keep him for the low low price of $6 million.

• Haha 1

• raBBit unpinned this topic