Tepera said out loud what everybody is thinking

CentralChamps21

17 minutes ago, wegner said:

I am not suggesting that they are still cheating but if it was ever shown that they still were....I would hope lifetime bans would be coming down.

This.

I find it very hard to believe that HOU is cheating again. They would be beyond stupid to do that and they have way too much talent to need to do that.

If Tepera/White Sox members are making strong comments here, I hope they have enough proof because otherwise that's some BS to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of which, I'm surprised the rule is written that the basepath only pertains to throws to first, and as long as the umpire deems you are not intentionally interfering with a throw, you can run anywhere you damn please. 

If you squeeze bunt toward the pitcher, can you run toward the pitcher and stop to block a throw home, as long as you are not intentionally flailing your arms or kicking at a thrown ball? Or as a RHB make 1-2 steps toward first and stop, to block a path of a throw from a pitcher to the catcher to make a play on the runner from 3rd base?

It worked out for the Sox, but it's hard to see that play and not think running well into the infield grass was unintentional. This play should also be reviewable, and it is not. Any reversal is solely at the discretion of the on field umpires.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

31 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

This.

I find it very hard to believe that HOU is cheating again. They would be beyond stupid to do that and they have way too much talent to need to do that.

If Tepera/White Sox members are making strong comments here, I hope they have enough proof because otherwise that's some BS to do.

Who needs proof?   Even if they have it, nobody will do anything about it.  The players already got away with it once and know how they got caught, so just be smarter next time

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

This.

Nonsense.  It will always be a fair question, and you earn those questions when you decide to be a cheater.  They got slaps in the wrist (or less for many of them) for disgracing the game and stealing a WS.  If they have to fend off questions forever that’s the least they deserve.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Speaking of which, was there any definitive reference to the rulebook regarding this play? If you squeeze bunt toward the pitcher, can you run toward the pitcher and stop to block a throw home, or as a RHB make 1-2 steps toward first and stop to block a throw from a pitcher to the catcher to tag the runner from 3rd base?

I saw an explanation about this, apparently it didn't really matter because Grandal wasn't interfering with their attempt to get him out, so the establishment of the baseline didn't matter in that instance.  As long as it didn't look like he was intentionally trying to deflect the ball it's ok. And the ump determined that Yas was just running up the line after the hit

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Who needs proof?   Even if they have it, nobody will do anything about it.  The players already got away with it once and know how they got caught, so just be smarter next time

Criminals usually go back to a life of crime when they get released from prison. Most cheaters continue to cheat. I have no idea if the Astros are still doing what they did but in a less obvious way, but you have to think its more than possible.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I saw an explanation about this, apparently it didn't really matter because Grandal wasn't interfering with their attempt to get him out, so the establishment of the baseline didn't matter in that instance.  As long as it didn't look like he was intentionally trying to deflect the ball it's ok. And the ump determined that Yas was just running up the line after the hit

AJP was admiring Grandal's work. Probably wishes he thought of that one.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

They were taking Kopech's slider all the way and taking daddy hacks at his fastballs.  Maldonado was committed to a fastball that was going to hit him.   Obviously, they could have had a tip on Michael specifically but they definitely do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.  

42 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Speaking of which, I'm surprised the rule is written that the basepath only pertains to throws to first, and as long as the umpire deems you are not intentionally interfering with a throw, you can run anywhere you damn please. 

If you squeeze bunt toward the pitcher, can you run toward the pitcher and stop to block a throw home, as long as you are not intentionally flailing your arms or kicking at a thrown ball? Or as a RHB make 1-2 steps toward first and stop, to block a path of a throw from a pitcher to the catcher to make a play on the runner from 3rd base?

It worked out for the Sox, but it's hard to see that play and not think running well into the infield grass was unintentional. This play should also be reviewable, and it is not. Any reversal is solely at the discretion of the on field umpires.

You have to remain inside the baseline.  It is the box to the right of the line that is important on throws to first, not from first. 

56 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

This.

Fuck that. These cheaters do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1