Tepera said out loud what everybody is thinking

CentralChamps21

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Boston was definitely using full signs the entire game starting with the Wild Card game in New York. I haven’t seen enough of their series to know if Tampa Bay is doing so. The year the Nats won in Houston, they had multiple codes and were switching them up repeatedly during the game, always assuming that there was a camera on them. 

Are the White Sox? If they’re thinking about this at all, then they should be using fully coded signs every pitch. At the very least for their own mindset, to make them feel secure.

I really hope that since Tepera made those comments public, the staff and catchers have talked about it and start going through different signs and changing things up multiple times over the course of the game.  Even if they aren't doing it, you CANNOT give a team that was so brazen about it in the past the benefit of the doubt on it.  Much safer to assume they are and work harder to prevent them..

In regards to Baker's comments...

...Thing is, the Astros pulled off one of the biggest cheating scams in all of baseball history and were proven to be doing it and it led them to a fradulent world series win. Have our White sox been proven to cheat? No.

So, when people and he start talking about our home/away splits they really need to STFU and take it or highlight significant proof, not just that we hit better at home. 

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is exactly what Tepera wanted, which is the media to bring it up to the Astros and the Astros thinking about it (as if the fans chanting and jeering wasn't doing it).

Maybe it gets in their heads and Tepera being a heel works. Maybe it gets them fired up. Maybe the org is really, truly confoundingly stupid and is cheating again. Who knows?

7 minutes ago, soulfly said:

I really hope that since Tepera made those comments public, the staff and catchers have talked about it and start going through different signs and changing things up multiple times over the course of the game.  Even if they aren't doing it, you CANNOT give a team that was so brazen about it in the past the benefit of the doubt on it.  Much safer to assume they are and work harder to prevent them..

Grandal changed signs a fuckton yesterday. They're clearly suspicious 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

In regards to Baker's comments...

...Thing is, the Astros pulled off one of the biggest cheating scams in all of baseball history and were proven to be doing it and it led them to a fradulent world series win. Have our White sox been proven to cheat? No.

So, when people and he start talking about our home/away splits they really need to STFU and take it or highlight significant proof, not just that we hit better at home. 

Look, Dusty is going to defend his players and try to keep them out of the way of this, that’s literally his job.

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Eric Clapton doesn’t like Dusty Baker though, I can guarantee that.

Dusty Baker is a huge fan of all different types of genres. I'm not a big Astros fan anymore as I was growing up, but if the Sox don't win I'd pull for Dusty over Boston this year, or in future years if it's not in the cards for the White Sox.

Great feature by Claire Smith in the Athletic on Dusty over the weekend.

https://theathletic.com/2871423/2021/10/07/what-makes-him-special-is-his-curiosity-at-age-72-the-dusty-baker-story-is-still-being-written/

Still have an autographed ball by Dusty Baker and Rich Gossage by Grandpa got on an Ace Hardware Junket to Pittsburgh for the 1979 World Series.

IMG-7089.jpg

IMG-7090.jpg

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

WTF? So they can't take leadoffs.

What's next, players must cover their eyes with their hands, count one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi, and then yell olly olly oxen free when they remove their hands?

Good God put this man in a nursing home.

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

Quite honestly, the longer he is in this organization the more I like Ryan Tepera.....give that man an extension.

I was at the game vs. cleveland right after the kimbrel deal. Tepera absolutely wet the bed and was booed. Great intro...and yet since then he's been nails and so much more unflappable then anyone else.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Probably would have been best to leave this thought to himself, honestly.  Seems to have become a major talking point of the series now.  BUt not sure it matters too much either way.  Just win. 

Good. If they truly feel something is amiss, it needs to be talked about. Bringing it up after the series (if they lose) would just look like sour grapes. Bringing it up it up while you think it's going is absolutely the way to go. 

Edited by Chisoxmb35
  • Like 1