Tepera said out loud what everybody is thinking

CentralChamps21

1 hour ago, StrangeSox said:

I hope the Sox K Altuve 3 times tomorrow on their road to a perfect game

Altuve…hah…recall Game 6 2019 ALDS in Houston when the little man stroked a walkoff homer off Chapman to send Astros to WS…as the mob formed after Altuve circled the basis, to maul him and tear his Jersey off in wild celebration, Altuve fought like hell with his teammates to keep his Jersey on and won, not to expose a suspected buzzer?.….but no the Astros stopped that long ago…..stuff infamous legends are made of..LOL….

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/astros-scandal-timeline-sign-stealing-punishment/zbe6j4yoi1g21ia0say31zv3n

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Its funny.  I hear so much about millennials from the older generations, about their pronouns and safe spaces, and how they couldn't survive the good ol days, but when the tables get turned, all of the sudden, that same generation is woke af, and all about equality.  As it always has been, the difference is in the power structure.  Comparing yourself to blacks, Jews, and women should make the obvious, but that's OK.  Hopefully you use those feelings and apply the same to actually oppressed people.

I get the message though. I hear you and will protect you.  If it really bothers you so much, I will not use it anymore.

Use it the proper way when Baby boomers are causing millennials increasing economic, environmental, and social anxiety, and I'm ok with it. Use it when an old guy says something stupid that has nothing to do with Millennials and it's ageism. That's how I always see you using it. If anything Gammoms was being quite new agey that Tepera should be sorry for insulting the Astros organization without proof.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Use it the proper way when Baby boomers are causing millennials increasing economic, environmental, and social anxiety, and I'm ok with it. Use it when an old guy says something stupid that has nothing to do with Millennials and it's ageism. That's how I always see you using it. If anything Gammoms was being quite new agey that Tepera should be sorry for insulting the Astros organization without proof.

The "proper" use of the phrase is now WAY beyond that narrow view.  Culturally it has gone WAY beyond that.  The phrase has come to encapsulate out of touch people who think the world ended with their generation and that everyone from GenX on is some how stupid, lazy, and soft, meanwhile getting their own hurt feelings over being called on those habits.  While it obvious has become identified with the Boomer generation simply because of their current status as the 65+ plus crowd, it also ignores that every single generation has gotten to the stage of life where they look down the younger generations as somehow inferior to what they were back in their day.  This goes back thousands of years that we know.  Socrates wrote this sort of trope.  Ok Boomer is the backlash to that abuse, while willfully refusing to change themselves.

In a context like this, you have an out of touch Gammons railing on Tepera for mentioning cheating, yet ignoring the fact that this group cheated themselves to a World Series title.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The "proper" use of the phrase is now WAY beyond that narrow view.  Culturally it has gone WAY beyond that.  The phrase has come to encapsulate out of touch people who think the world ended with their generation and that everyone from GenX on is some how stupid, lazy, and soft, meanwhile getting their own hurt feelings over being called on those habits.  While it obvious has become identified with the Boomer generation simply because of their current status as the 65+ plus crowd, it also ignores that every single generation has gotten to the stage of life where they look down the younger generations as somehow inferior to what they were back in their day.  This goes back thousands of years that we know.  Socrates wrote this sort of trope.  Ok Boomer is the backlash to that abuse, while willfully refusing to change themselves.

In a context like this, you have an out of touch Gammons railing on Tepera for mentioning cheating, yet ignoring the fact that this group cheated themselves to a World Series title.

If Plato ever said that to him, I hope Socrates beat his ass.

• Fire 1

33 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Fighting against ageism isn't part of the woke movement yet, unfortunately

I know you are trolling again, but when ACTUAL discrimination and harm is taking place, that isn't the same thing as a catch phrase.  Ageism is actually a very big problem in a society that doesn't have much in the way of safety nets for the older generations, especially those who weren't able to save enough to live at a respectable status in life in their older years.  It's actually kind of depressing to see this compared to some of the biggest injustices in American and world history as if a meme is somehow equal to the holocaust, slavery, or historic sexism

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Let me get this out of the way first - Fuck the Astros.

That said, Tepera (who is a known conspiracy theorist weirdo) saying that didn't make much sense at all when you consider the Stros scored 6 runs and the Sox were bad on the road but great at home.

That said, Sox in 5!

His argument was about swings and misses though. The White Sox are better at home so they must also be cheating too argument is so simplistic and lazy from Baker. 

The White Sox didn't come home and stop swinging and missing pitches. They whiffed 29 times last night, far more than they did in Houston. The Astros averaged 16 whiffs in the first 2 games and had 22 last night. It's not some gigantic difference, but I think from Tepera's POV, they swung at a lot more of his pitches because he had no whiffs in an inning on Friday and got 5 whiffs in 2 innings last night. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, chw42 said:

His argument was about swings and misses though. The White Sox are better at home so they must also be cheating too argument is so simplistic and lazy from Baker. 

The White Sox didn't come home and stop swinging and missing pitches. They whiffed 29 times last night, far more than they did in Houston. The Astros averaged 16 whiffs in the first 2 games and had 22 last night. It's not some gigantic difference, but I think from Tepera's POV, they swung at a lot more of his pitches because he had no whiffs in an inning on Friday and got 5 whiffs in 2 innings last night. 

The Sox got more swings and misses later in the game because they actually threw first pitch strike and strikes in general.

Hopefully that trend continues. This team will kill you when you get behind in the count and they know a strike/fastball is likely coming.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know you are trolling again, but when ACTUAL discrimination and harm is taking place, that isn't the same thing as a catch phrase.  Ageism is actually a very big problem in a society that doesn't have much in the way of safety nets for the older generations, especially those who weren't able to save enough to live at a respectable status in life in their older years.  It's actually kind of depressing to see this compared to some of the biggest injustices in American and world history as if a meme is somehow equal to the holocaust, slavery, or historic sexism

Older people are routinely discounted and diminished. We are all fallible. 

• Like 1