Tepera said out loud what everybody is thinking

CentralChamps21

Been thinking about this more. I am not a fan of Tepera bringing this up. This kind of stuff rarely works for the team alleging stuff. It could anger the Stros' hitters, though.

I do salute Tony's statement on some writer's Twitter: "I don't get into that stuff. This is America. Players can say what they want to. They're a very good team. They're tough to beat."

Sox better gear up, though. This indeed might fire up a few of the Stros veterans who will be ready to punish the baseball even more after this. ... Not sure how much TV will play this up on the broadcast. I'd guess a lot but if they do they better go into the scandal in depth, cause what the Astros did was really bad and some people got penalized heavily for it. Don't just mention it as "White Sox pitcher criticizes Astros; let's see their response." If you are gonna make it a big deal, better bring the goods and tell the world (again), remind the world what Houston did.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Been thinking about this more. I am not a fan of Tepera bringing this up. This kind of stuff rarely works for the team alleging stuff. It could anger the Stros' hitters, though.

I do salute Tony's statement on some writer's Twitter: "I don't get into that stuff. This is America. Players can say what they want to. They're a very good team. They're tough to beat."

Sox better gear up, though. This indeed might fire up a few of the Stros veterans who will be ready to punish the baseball even more after this.

Muck the Lastros.

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Half assed apology. Not sorry he said it or misused it , only sorry I don't like it. Big difference.

Somebody could write a great essay on how message boards are microcosms of society.

Edited by greg775

19 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Cusack is an overpriveleged rich white dude who thinks his opinions are relevant, fuck off

That might be the case, but dude going up to him looked like a bigger idiot than him.  And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Cusack.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, soulfly said:

That might be the case, but dude going up to him looked like a bigger idiot than him.  And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Cusack.

Yeah I don't know who appointed Dave as the gatekeeper for being a Sox fan, but confronting celebs over their fan status to make a video is just worthless. 

52 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Truth. Cusack is a baseball fan, he can go to whatever games he wants to and root for who he pleases. Why should he get any grief for that ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah I don't know who appointed Dave as the gatekeeper for being a Sox fan, but confronting celebs over their fan status to make a video is just worthless. 

He has literally said a few times today he is not a gatekeeper of Sox fandom. He is an online personality, the whole banned list is just a running joke that he started. It isn't supposed to be taken seriously, anyone who can't see that is blind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

He has literally said a few times today he is not a gatekeeper of Sox fandom. He is an online personality, the whole banned list is just a running joke that he started. It isn't supposed to be taken seriously, anyone who can't see that is blind.

Yet he's out there telling people what they can and can't do. 

Pass.

43 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I don't give a shit if it's supposed to be a joke or not.  One, it wasn't a very funny one.  Two, he went up to someone, regardless of their status and gave them shit about being at a game cheering for a certain team.  Someone just minding their own business at that.  Fuck that.  Maybe Cusack got fed up with the Cubs?  Maybe he always liked both teams but liked the Cubs more?  In the end, who cares.  Let him go to whatever game he wants and cheer for whoever he wants.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, soulfly said:

I don't give a shit if it's supposed to be a joke or not.  One, it wasn't a very funny one.  Two, he went up to someone, regardless of their status and gave them shit about being at a game cheering for a certain team.  Someone just minding their own business at that.  Fuck that.  Maybe Cusack got fed up with the Cubs?  Maybe he always liked both teams but liked the Cubs more?  In the end, who cares.  Let him go to whatever game he wants and cheer for whoever he wants.

Yes, not even remotely funny.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Truth. Cusack is a baseball fan, he can go to whatever games he wants to and root for who he pleases. Why should he get any grief for that ?

Someone confronting you at the game is just ridiculous. He is a fan - let him enjoy the game. Literally you go up to him and talk needless smack cause he is a celeb - come on man. 

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, pcq said:

Cusack just another fair weather fuckhead who will be nowhere around next season. People should empty their beer cans on him. He is a bored Cub fan. 

I know you are kidding, but cmon. That's assault and will rightly put a fan in jail if they do as you suggest.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Someone confronting you at the game is just ridiculous. He is a fan - let him enjoy the game. Literally you go up to him and talk needless smack cause he is a celeb - come on man. 

I agree. The guy is famous and wearing the Sox gear. Who cares if he likes the Cubs more?

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Of course, and if it was half sincere on WSD's part, he wouldn't have had someone recording it. Getting paid to be an asshole and an idiot. 

Edited by Dick Allen