MLB Trade Rumors Release 2022 Chicago White Sox Arbitration Projections

South Side Hit Men

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think Engel and Marshall are the tougher decisions on this list.

I don’t think Engel is a very tough decision. He’s at the very least established himself to be at least a good 4th outfielder with his great defense and base running. The last two seasons he’s shown that he could possibly throw together a 2 or 3 war season. Letting him go because we twice rushed him back from leg injuries would be asinine

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think Engel and Marshall are the tougher decisions on this list.

For a $2.2M on Engel? Easy tender.

Marshall is a coin flip, probably.  But I think they'll tender him. 

Goodwin is a goner.  

ReyLo has earned a spot, crazy enough. He was a no brainer non-tender a couple months ago.  Good on him.  

Excited to get Jimmy back.  I am a fan.  

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Goodwin should be non-tendered. Unless Fry has an option year left, he should also be non-tendered.

Fry still has an option.  They'll keep him around for $1Mish. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

I still wouldn't mind Engel in a platoon with Joc Pederson next year

I hope they aren't banking on Engel playing regularly again next season.  Sox need a legit every day RF with power, preferably from the left side.  Let Engel sub defensively and start only to give guys a breather.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I hope they aren't banking on Engel playing regularly again next season.  Sox need a legit every day RF with power, preferably from the left side.  Let Engel sub defensively and start only to give guys a breather.

The ideal person to get has good power vs righties AND hits lefties well enough to play every day, but if the best lefty power guy they can get has severe platoon splits, then platooning with Engel is an option.

20 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

I still wouldn't mind Engel in a platoon with Joc Pederson next year

lol then we're in the same situation as we were last off-season. 

That said, Joc turns it up for October and that's something this club really needs from a veteran bat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I'm fine with a platoon hole in RF if we open up the bank for a middle IF. Of course it seems we're unlikely to do that. 

But it needs to be a true platoon player and not a generic lefty bat. We need someone of Tampa’s platoon mold. Give me a guy with an 800+ OPS against righties and a sub-600 OPS lefties instead of someone that’s sitting at 750 for both.

edit: ironically this is Brian Godwin’s profile. He had a wRC+ of 125, OPS 811 against righties and was absolutely useless against lefties

Edited by MackowiakYakYak

8 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I'm fine with a platoon hole in RF if we open up the bank for a middle IF. Of course it seems we're unlikely to do that. 

We're nowhere near the luxury tax and the AL Central is only going to get tougher going forward.  There's zero excuse to head into 2022 ST with an obvious hole anywhere on the roster.  

But yeah I agree with you that they are unlikely to spend big on anyone.

1 hour ago, YourWhatHurts said:

There's zero excuse to head into 2022 ST with an obvious hole anywhere on the roster.  

Don’t those two concepts seem to be in opposition?

12 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I don't think they were banking on him playing regularly this season either but Eloy and Robert then got injured. I think that as a platoon player Engel is more than adequate.

4 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

We're nowhere near the luxury tax and the AL Central is only going to get tougher going forward.  There's zero excuse to head into 2022 ST with an obvious hole anywhere on the roster.  

The current luxury tax, which will be rewritten this offseason likely after a lockout. We know ownership has already proposed a $30 million drop in that tax line

40 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

I don't think they were banking on him playing regularly this season either but Eloy and Robert then got injured. I think that as a platoon player Engel is more than adequate.

He was thought of as a primary backup of, which was a fine role for him on paper. The problems - first, the White Sox mistook Adam Eaton for a guy who still had baseball left in him and paid him $8 million, and then Engel got hurt and the White Sox repeatedly tried rushing him back from the injury, making it worse.