MLB Trade Rumors Release 2022 Chicago White Sox Arbitration Projections

South Side Hit Men

On 10/12/2021 at 6:59 AM, maloney.adam said:

The Sox need to aim higher this offseason. Enough of the experiments in RF. They need to sign a legitimate everyday RF that can hit for power.

Conforto is expected to receive and reject the QO. Wonder what his next contract will look like.

Edited by manbearpuig

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Haha how quick did I forget about Eaton.  Either way I don’t want to count on Engel being a regular part of a platoon.  He’s a fine defensive OF if he can stay healthy but the Sox must aim higher.  RF has been a big hole for far too long. 

Tendering Engel doesn't mean they are counting on him to be a regular. He can be a 4th OF or be traded, and the arb price tag doesn't hinder either path.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Tendering Engel doesn't mean they are counting on him to be a regular. He can be a 4th OF or be traded, and the arb price tag doesn't hinder either path.

Never called for him to be non-tendered or released.  He’s valuable as a 4th OF, I just don’t want him to be counted on to be anything more than that.  Sox need a real everyday RF. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Comforto is expected to receive and reject the QO. Wonder what his next contract will look like.

I’m thinking either him or Starling Marte. Bryant and Castellanos are going to be too expensive. I have no idea, but more reasonable than some of the big names out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

The Sox need to aim higher this offseason. Enough of the experiments in RF. They need to sign a legitimate everyday RF that can hit for power.

We hopefully have 2 solid power bats in the OF already. My choice would be a a guy who gets on base, has speed and above average defense.   Basically a guy w high OBP who can steal 20+ and a plus defensive outfielder.  15 ish  HR would be fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The current luxury tax, which will be rewritten this offseason likely after a lockout. We know ownership has already proposed a $30 million drop in that tax line

Wow, had not heard that.  If other owners want that, I see a work stoppage.

11 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Wow, had not heard that.  If other owners want that, I see a work stoppage.

It was packaged with a $100 million salary floor so there was something for the players in it. But seriously, no one knows where this is going right now, so we do have to be careful with projections like that one.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-proposes-100-million-salary-minimum-and-180-million-luxury-tax-in-latest-cba-negotiations-per-report/amp/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Comforto is expected to receive and reject the QO. Wonder what his next contract will look like.

Conforto should be target 1A.  Prior to this season, he was easily looking at a 5/$120M+ type deal.  

I think you could get him on a deal similar to slightly below Yaz (3-4 years at $15-18M AAV).  He would be a great fit in this lineup, and doesn't force you to find a lefty stick at 2B, in which there are far less options.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

Have to have Lopez back. Him logging starts and innings as the #5 starter keep Keuchel hopefully below the 160 innings threshold that kicks off another year on his contract (at $20 million). Unless he returns to Cy Young form which nobody expects, we need not add to his contract. 

There is no doubt he will be back.  At $3 million, he would be a cheap FA middle reliever, let alone if they could use him in higher leverage or as a starter.

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

It was packaged with a $100 million salary floor so there was something for the players in it. But seriously, no one knows where this is going right now, so we do have to be careful with projections like that one.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-proposes-100-million-salary-minimum-and-180-million-luxury-tax-in-latest-cba-negotiations-per-report/amp/

Always been a huge fan of a Cap floor