White Sox Dave and John Cusack slap fight

chitownsportsfan

20 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Typical Barstool tho

I can't stand this  talking point. 

Is WSD an idiot?  Absolutely.  Do you understand how his idiocy plays into the whole Barstool personality "world"?  No, you don't. 

The guy is a laughingstock at the company...considered a hardo.  The fact this hardo Sox fan idiot got into it with John Cusack over who is a better fan is fucking comedy gold.  It's not the interaction, it's the way the interaction plays into the whole Barstool "show" and feeds the WSD narrative.  

Edited by mmmmmbeeer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Is WSD an idiot?  Absolutely.  Do you understand how his idiocy plays into the whole Barstool personality "world"?  No, you don't. 

The guy is a laughingstock at the company...considered a hardo.  The fact this hardo Sox fan idiot got into it with John Cusack over who is a better fan is fucking comedy gold.  It's not the interaction, it's the way the interaction plays into the whole Barstool "show" and feeds the WSD narrative.  

Barstool has perfected the “People who hate us the most will always be our best content sharers” strategy and it works like a charm. This is what Barstool wants. They capitalize on these moments better than anyone out there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

Barstool has perfected the “People who hate us the most will always be our best content sharers” strategy and it works like a charm. This is what Barstool wants. They capitalize on these moments better than anyone out there. 

It's why I will never post their content. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What a stupid manchild WSD is.  Typical Barstool tho.  Let Cusack root for whoever the fuck he wants. And then to keep this going on twitter today, come on. John not coming off great either but WSD is really enjoying his moment in the mud.

His whole banned list is just a running joke, it's not like he was looking to pick a fight with him. He has explained multiple times today and thought Cusack was going to play along with it but he kind of took it seriously and it threw Dave off

The whole company was talking about it and promoting it online, even Portnoy has had multiple tweets. You may not like it but Dave has given more eye balls to this Sox in the past couple years than most people

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What a stupid manchild WSD is.  Typical Barstool tho.  Let Cusack root for whoever the fuck he wants. And then to keep this going on twitter today, come on. John not coming off great either but WSD is really enjoying his moment in the mud.

The guy just looks like a douche. I didn’t read his content before and won’t now. Just give your stupid point a rest already.

Edited by The Beast

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Whether you like WSD or not, John Cusak is the definition of a bandwagoner and we don’t have to like him pretending to be Sox fan when the spotlight is on Chicago.

The spotlight wasn't on him though, he goes to games like a normal person.  He isn't calling attention to himself about it.  There are many casual fans in this city, celebrity and normal people, and there always will be.  Hell, Michael Jordan has thrown first pitches out and been to many games on both sides of town and nobody hates him for it.  It's dumb just let the guy enjoy the games

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Whether you like WSD or not, John Cusak is the definition of a bandwagoner and we don’t have to like him pretending to be Sox fan when the spotlight is on Chicago.

Being a bandwagoner is what I call fan fashion. You go to where you can be seen and root for any Chicago team. It's not such a bad thing.

Fashion is just doing what everyone else is doing to be on some kind of hipster list. Hairstyles, tats, clothes, small dogs, the latest social media trend, whatever. I'll take a guy who likes baseball and roots for the Sox even if he's not a Sox fan any time over the rest of the fashionistas.

48 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Lol

Barstool is a national embarrassment. A collection of guys who decided they were going to act like college idiots for their entire lives. Many of us had college years but the majority graduated and grew up a bit.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

The spotlight wasn't on him though, he goes to games like a normal person.  He isn't calling attention to himself about it.  There are many casual fans in this city, celebrity and normal people, and there always will be.  Hell, Michael Jordan has thrown first pitches out and been to many games on both sides of town and nobody hates him for it.  It's dumb just let the guy enjoy the games

Hey we agree.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

His whole banned list is just a running joke, it's not like he was looking to pick a fight with him. He has explained multiple times today and thought Cusack was going to play along with it but he kind of took it seriously and it threw Dave off

The whole company was talking about it and promoting it online, even Portnoy has had multiple tweets. You may not like it but Dave has given more eye balls to this Sox in the past couple years than most people

Barstool has done so much for charity. People still get butthurt and can't acknowledge the good they do. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol

Barstool is a national embarrassment. A collection of guys who decided they were going to act like college idiots for their entire lives. 

It's a damn shame how many people are missing out on some fucking hilarious content because of what they've read online about Barstool.  Start with the "Pardon My Take" podcast (publishes M,W,F).  Hilarious podcast, sports-centric, and one of the hosts, Big Cat, is a Chicago guy.  Listen to that for a couple of weeks then come back and tell us how much misogynistic, racist, right-wing drivel you heard.  It'll be a short post.

Edited by mmmmmbeeer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol

Barstool is a national embarrassment. A collection of guys who decided they were going to act like college idiots for their entire lives. Many of us had college years but the majority graduated and grew up a bit.

You strike me as more of a deadspin guy

• Haha 2

Maybe people don't like Barstool because, at some point, acting like you're still in high school just isn't funny anymore? This whole being a fan of juvenile idiots who make a living off of trolling people and being assholes will never make sense to me. Then again, I moved on from high school a long time ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1