White Sox Dave and John Cusack slap fight

chitownsportsfan

14 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

It's a damn shame how many people are missing out on some fucking hilarious content because of what they've read online about Barstool.  Start with the "Pardon My Take" podcast (publishes M,W,F).  Hilarious podcast, sports-centric, and one of the hosts, Big Cat, is a Chicago guy.  Listen to that for a couple of weeks then come back and tell us how much misogynistic, racist, right-wing drivel you heard.  It'll be a short post.

Lol I don't need to listen. I could post countless racist, bigoted and misogynistic bullshit spewed by Kevin, portnoy and even Big Cat but I'm not gonna waste my time or clutter this thread.

They're clowns. It's really that simple. If anything Dave is less offensive than most everyone else. They're loud mouth clowns who never grew up past the frat house. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Maybe people don't like Barstool because, at some point, acting like you're still in high school just isn't funny anymore? This whole being a fan of juvenile idiots who make a living off of trolling people and being assholes will never make sense to me. Then again, I moved on from high school a long time ago.

Pretty much this. They steal content. Spew racist nonsense all the time. The kaepernick stuff in particular was awful and have an army of weird internet trolls who stan them so hard and are so obsessed with some men online that they run and attack anyone who is critical to show their loyalty to them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol I don't need to listen. I could post countless racist, bigoted and misogynistic bullshit spewed by Kevin, portnoy and even Big Cat but I'm not gonna waste my time or clutter this thread.

They're clowns. It's really that simple. If anything Dave is less offensive than most everyone else. They're loud mouth clowns who never grew up past the frat house. 

Is there a Soxtalk podcast I can follow?

52 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Whether you like WSD or not, John Cusak is the definition of a bandwagoner and we don’t have to like him pretending to be Sox fan when the spotlight is on Chicago.

So Cusack can’t go to a very rare White Sox playoff game? I hate that team on the north side but I would go to a playoff game if I had some free tickets. It’s an event. 

Just now, chetkincaid said:

So Cusack can’t go to a very rare White Sox playoff game? I hate that team on the north side but I would go to a playoff game if I had some free tickets. It’s an event. 

Plus, it was clear he went blacked out for the blackout game.  Unlike other Sox fans sitting behind home plate that couldn't be bothered.  It's not like Cusack showed up wearing Cubs gear trying to troll the Sox.  And lastly, someone who calls themself "White Sox" and then their name; getting owned by the first question someone throws at you after you call them out...  you should probably change your handle. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

26 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Perhaps you should reserve judgement until you do rather than relying on "woke" articles on Twitter or Facebook.

I'm a Biden voter, btw....not that that should matter, but the judgement is just DRIPPING off of your posts.

I have never read a single article about Barstool. I've listened to and seen clips. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Perhaps you should reserve judgement until you do rather than relying on "woke" articles on Twitter or Facebook.

I'm a Biden voter, btw....not that that should matter, but the judgement is just DRIPPING off of your posts.

Why are you so invested in this? Who gives a shit if people don't like Barstool? Why do you need others to like it? If you like it, all the power to you. God knows, they need folks like you. Their schtick just doesn't work for most. Maybe when I was in my early twenties I would have found it slightly amusing, but I think I was probably well past that maturity level, even at that point. Being intentionally offensive, rude, and acting like a fucking child in your 30's and 40's, just isn't entertaining. It's embarrassing. They're just lucky that there's a huge swath of white males in this country that revel in seeing "celebrities" say out loud what they wish they could.

P.S. The entire debacle with Sam Ponder, and them attacking her kid's appearance, tells you all you need to know about these guys. They are fucking losers.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The spotlight wasn't on him though, he goes to games like a normal person.  He isn't calling attention to himself about it.  There are many casual fans in this city, celebrity and normal people, and there always will be.  Hell, Michael Jordan has thrown first pitches out and been to many games on both sides of town and nobody hates him for it.  It's dumb just let the guy enjoy the games

I’m not supporting what WSD did, just saying it’s ok to not like bandwagoners.  And I really don’t believe Cusak is a casual Sox fan, I think he’s looking for some camera time during a national broadcast.  Either way, I fully agree he should be able to attend Sox games free of harassment.

2 hours ago, chetkincaid said:

Of course he can go and I’m not suggesting otherwise.  But would I rather a diehard Sox fan be sitting in that seat?  Hell yeah I would.

I now am a Cusack fan. Mentions LaMarr Hoyt and Mike Squires. He wins baby. If you are both a Sox and Cubs fan somehow more power to you. It CAN happen.

My grandfather on mom's side was the only Cub fan in the family really. He took his grandkid, me, to many Cub games. I enjoyed them all. My dad, who had ties to Sox management, had season Sox tix when I was a kid. I went to a ton of Sox games with him. My dad never yelled at me for going to Cub games with gramps.

Meanwhile we hit high school and dad let me use the four box seats in the summer A LOT. My friends and I loved a ton of Sox games and by then I disliked the Cubs or was at the most not caring about the Cubs.

Was I a Cub fan as a kid? For sure AND a Sox fan. I attended a ton of Cub and Sox games. My grandpa was a quiet guy and I'm sure appreciated getting to take his grandkid to games he cared about. He couldn't get into the Sox but never ripped them in my presence. GO CUSACK! Love em both.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

25 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I now am a Cusack fan. Mentions LaMarr Hoyt and Mike Squires. He wins baby. If you are both a Sox and Cubs fan somehow more power to you. It CAN happen.

My grandfather on mom's side was the only Cub fan in the family really. He took his grandkid, me, to many Cub games. I enjoyed them all. My dad, who had ties to Sox management, had season Sox tix when I was a kid. I went to a ton of Sox games with him. My dad never yelled at me for going to Cub games with gramps.

Meanwhile we hit high school and dad let me use the four box seats in the summer A LOT. My friends and I loved a ton of Sox games and by then I disliked the Cubs or was at the most not caring about the Cubs.

Was I a Cub fan as a kid? For sure AND a Sox fan. I attended a ton of Cub and Sox games. My grandpa was a quiet guy and I'm sure appreciated getting to take his grandkid to games he cared about. He couldn't get into the Sox but never ripped them in my presence. GO CUSACK! Love em both.

Nice post.

BTW wsd has every bit as much business determining who can and who can not  be Sox fans as the Ligue family.  In fact the Ligues should adopt him and then they should all get drunk together and go jerk each other off and then go hold hands and jump off a bridge together.

On a mostly unrelated note, if there was a fandom draft kind of like the racial draft skit on Chapelle's show I might think about drafting Bill Murray from the North Side.  Probably not until the 3rd round or so but I'd do it.  I would also consider him in a trade.

I like Cusack.  Don’t like WSD and loathe Barstool.  But come on—Cusack is the definition of a bandwagon fan.  This is not the end of the world, and of course he’s entitled to go to whatever game he chooses, but it is what it is and I roll my eyes whenever he shows up in a luxury box at the latest high profile Sox game.

Funny that this episode, and being matched up online against a douche like WSD, is the best thing that could have ever happened to his White Sox fandom.  

34 minutes ago, greg775 said:

QFT

It's more of a recent phenomenon (25 + years) coinciding with sports talk radio douchebaggery and the repulsive interleague scheme. The teams shared the same broadcasters, the same television station, most fans were baseball fans, happy to go to either stadium. I rooted for both until I let my friends / classmates get the best of me being outnumbered on the Northwest Side. I haven't liked any of the Cubs owners, don't like the Sox' current one either, but the Cubs are not among the teams I "hate" at this point.

In terms of who least I would like to win a World Series coming into recent seasons:

• I hate Washington the most, due to the extinction of the Expos (my second favorite team growing up).
  • Boston is next, primarily due to omnipresent East Coast media douchebaggery, the Worldwide Leader in Douchebaggery, and their obnoxious fans.
  • Minnesota is next, my most hated division rival. It's not even close.
  • Dodgers and Yankees, fuck that shit.
  • The racist teams are next. Cleveland over Atlanta, because they are division rivals, though Cleveland at least they did the right thing on the name and logo front.
  • Royals and Cardinals are next, screw Mike Matheny. Cardinals were a fan I previously liked, but they have become repulsive as well since the La Russa era.

Milwaukee and Detroit were stadiums we would go to (Milwaukee County Stadium and Tigers Stadium) and cheer for the respective teams when they weren't playing the Sox, so in terms of division rivals (past and present), they were never really hated, nor did good years from either team prevent a good Sox team from winning their division. Detroit may change at some point. (Some here may cling to 2012, but the Sox never had a chance to win anything with clueless Robin Ventura).

Oakland was the only division rival I really liked in the Sox division back in the AL West days, primarily because of Rickey Henderson and their awesome uniforms / colors (was a kid in those days). I also liked several players on the Royals, but 1977 pissed me off.