White Sox Dave and John Cusack slap fight

chitownsportsfan

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

I now am a Cusack fan. Mentions LaMarr Hoyt and Mike Squires. He wins baby. If you are both a Sox and Cubs fan somehow more power to you. It CAN happen.

My grandfather on mom's side was the only Cub fan in the family really. He took his grandkid, me, to many Cub games. I enjoyed them all. My dad, who had ties to Sox management, had season Sox tix when I was a kid. I went to a ton of Sox games with him. My dad never yelled at me for going to Cub games with gramps.

Meanwhile we hit high school and dad let me use the four box seats in the summer A LOT. My friends and I loved a ton of Sox games and by then I disliked the Cubs or was at the most not caring about the Cubs.

Was I a Cub fan as a kid? For sure AND a Sox fan. I attended a ton of Cub and Sox games. My grandpa was a quiet guy and I'm sure appreciated getting to take his grandkid to games he cared about. He couldn't get into the Sox but never ripped them in my presence. GO CUSACK! Love em both.

Lol, so glad I'm not the only kid who grew up a fan of both the Sox and Cubs, haha

12 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Lol, so glad I'm not the only kid who grew up a fan of both the Sox and Cubs, haha

My dad liked both, so I probably would have liked both. When he was a kid he was an Andy Frain usher, and worked all the events. One day he was working a DH at Wrigley behind home plate, during the second game the GM of the Cubs at the time saw him leaning against a railing. He called in Andy Frain and told him to fire my dad. My dad went to see Andy, Andy told him what happened, said he wasn't going to fire him, just go hide in the upper deck the rest of the day. From that day forward, he was strictly a Sox fan.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

WSD went up to him but Cusack is the one that got in his face.  

And he was perfectly justified in doing so. It's a normal reaction to some douchebag you don't know confronting you for being at a baseball game. I can tell you he was a lot nicer than I would have been, in that situation. Cusack also made him look like a fucking idiot, on top of being a douche.

And for the record, I do not like Cusack either. 

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 2

My gramps was a lifelong Cubs fan and rooted for the Sox in '05 because his entire remaining family (my parents, brother, and I) that he was close to were Sox fans and he (correctly) felt the Cubs would never win in his lifetime. He also didn't care about the rivalry as much as say, Cards-Cubs, because interleague hadn't been around for the vast majority of his life.

If the Sox ever want to "own Chicago" like a lot of us would love them to, they'll have to win over a lot of fair weather, bandwagon fans - or people that just like both teams. That's the way it is.