Sign in to follow this  
hi8is

For those who must…

Bring the next year talk here. I’ll join you all in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

As always, I will be blaming Miguel Cairo.  

The team never seemed like they peaked. It was all start and stop. 

• Like 2

Second base, right field, some starter competition. Rodon is probably gone, or is a 1 year $10 mil long man/5th/6th starter, along with Kopech and Crochet. I would love a bonafide ace (Scherzer? Probably too old but someone like that), but that's probably a pipedream. Hopefully the Sox see the flaws in their game planning, because while Baker didn't outmanage LaRussa, the Astros org DEFINITELY out-performed the Sox.

It is tough being a long-time Sox fan with these post season memories.  In 1983, the Winnin Ugly team scored one run in the last three games. In 1993, the Good Guys Who Wore Black, lost three straight home games. In 2000, the Kids Can Play got swept. In 2008, the team didn't even look like they belonged on the same field with the Rays. Now this embarrassment. Yes, there was 2005, but that is 16 going on 17 years ago. Give the 2005 team credit. They are the only team to win post-season series since 1917 World Champions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

It is tough being a long-time Sox fan with these post season memories.  In 1983, the Winnin Ugly team scored one run in the last three games. In 1993, the Good Guys Who Wore Black, lost three straight home games. In 2000, the Kids Can Play got swept. In 2008, the team didn't even look like they belonged on the same field with the Rays. Now this embarrassment. Yes, there was 2005, but that is 16 going on 17 years ago. Give the 2005 team credit. They are the only team to win post-season series since 1917 World Champions.

This is rightfully the story. The CWS are so miserable because the very few times we do make it.. we shit the bed. 

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Menechino and Shelley Duncan need to be fired.

Duncan being involved in our lack of shifting absolutely needs to get canned. Let's be honest he's only here cause his dad is Tony's friend.

Menechino has done some good work with Robert, but our inability to lift the ball became a huge issue in the playoffs and it really was something I harped about in the 2nd half of the season. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is a nice thread for me to poop in.

Take all the likes. 😆

• Haha 1