Offseason Thread

reiks12

Major moves for RF and 2B. Bring back Tepera. Trade Kimbrel for what you can - maybe a younger controllable reliever with promise. give carlos QO - If he rejects, Sign a solid veteran SP. May be too soon, but Grienke would be kind of fun but unlikely he hates Sox park and he said as much. Haven’t studied list enough to give you another name atm. 

In an alternative universe, I’d love to see a fresh coaching staff but know it’s not happening. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Major moves for RF and 2B. Bring back Tepera. Trade Kimbrel for what you can - maybe a younger controllable reliever with promise. give carlos QO - If he rejects, Sign a solid veteran SP. May be too soon, but Grienke would be kind of fun but unlikely he hates Sox park and he said as much. Haven’t studied list enough to give you another name atm. 

In an alternative universe, I’d love to see a fresh coaching staff but know it’s not happening. 

This

I don't care who they sign or trade for in the offseason, the Sox are a poorly run org from top to bottom.  the talented players we have look unprepared for long stretches and that's a coaching problem, people wanna keep pretending like throwing money at more players will fix this teams issues, it goes so much deeper than just plugging in good players, the coaches have to get the most out of the talent we have.  these guys today looked like they haven't faced McCullers 3 times this year already, that is completely unacceptable in 2021 for a fucking playoff team

are we getting the best Moncada? how about Kopech, or Jimenez? What about Grandal?  How did Giolito perform, up to par?  Keuchel?  these guys don't respect their coaches at all and it shows

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

trade Eloy, Abreu, Kimbrel, (maybe even *gasp* Hendricks) for prospects and a 2B or RF. Move Moncada to second or RF and bring up Burger. Stick Vaughn in left, Sheets at first, and rock and roll. Time to retool, it doesn't work

Stfu 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I don't care who they sign or trade for in the offseason, the Sox are a poorly run org from top to bottom.  the talented players we have look unprepared for long stretches and that's a coaching problem, people wanna keep pretending like throwing money at more players will fix this teams issues, it goes so much deeper than just plugging in good players, the coaches have to get the most out of the talent we have.  these guys today looked like they haven't faced McCullers 3 times this year already, that is completely unacceptable in 2021 for a fucking playoff team

are we getting the best Moncada? how about Kopech, or Jimenez? What about Grandal?  How did Giolito perform, up to par?  Keuchel?  these guys don't respect their coaches at all and it shows

This is a good point. Teams with the nerd organization reputation like rays, red sox, dodgers, giants, cards, astros get so much out of their players. The game has changed and it feels like the cws are playing in quick sand.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Greinke was absolutely terrible down the stretch. He's finished I think.

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Absolutely pathetic effort. Even in our win we were down 5-1. Not sure we are a WS caliber team. Good but not great. 

The real team is the post ASB team. There is no doubt about WS caliber. Bum slayers that cannot beat good teams or play on the road. rotation featured a guy with a dead arm and a guy who’s career should probably be over as a starter. They don’t play defense or run the bases. Mediocre bullpen. All you can say to the positive is the lineup is good and they have 3 solid starters

Edited by Chick Mercedes

I'm honestly not sure how they fix this team.  Their lack of drive and awful fundamental baseball is astounding.  Right now, this team is worse off than it was after the '20 season.  There are bigger holes to fill and less money and resources to fix them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

trade Eloy, Abreu, Kimbrel, (maybe even *gasp* Hendricks) for prospects and a 2B or RF. Move Moncada to second or RF and bring up Burger. Stick Vaughn in left, Sheets at first, and rock and roll. Time to retool, it doesn't work

LOL this is absolutely amazing.

Sox are in the middle of their window with a very talented roster. Playoffs are a crap shoot. Season was disappointing but blowing it up is absolutely 100000% not the answer. Anyone stating so likes rebuilding and not actually winning baseball games which is just disturbing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soulfly said:

I'm honestly not sure how they fix this team.  Their lack of drive and awful fundamental baseball is astounding.  Right now, this team is worse off than it was after the '20 season.  There are bigger holes to fill and less money and resources to fix them.

Hard to argue honestly.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s not the only one who’s heard they don’t like pitching to Grandal

We had two Cy Young candidates in August, plus a guy named Giolito. If Grandal’s defense is the problem, then nobody should be upset with Cesar as our second baseman. 

• Like 3

• bmags locked this topic