Offseason Thread

reiks12

13 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Apparently Getz said Romy has a chance to get the 2nd base job next season . That’s not real encouraging as far as ambitious planning. Anyway, Yolbert Sanchez appears to be more talented.

Was he asked about it or was it unprompted?

45 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Apparently Getz said Romy has a chance to get the 2nd base job next season . That’s not real encouraging as far as ambitious planning. Anyway, Yolbert Sanchez appears to be more talented.

Yolbert Sanchez appears to be more talented than Romy? Can you explain? 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

You see who the Sox rolled out at 2B this year? They could win the division with a piece of garbage at 2nd base. 

Think critically again about your question.

Edited by hi8is

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yolbert Sanchez appears to be more talented than Romy? Can you explain? 

How do you feel about Romy, Jimmy? I'm feeling good about him based on his athleticism and how big of a jump he made last year. His potential upside seems higher than Yogurt. 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

If they improve in RF, they have the luxury of seeing if Romy becomes a dude this year. If not, you trade for somebody like Eduardo Escobar at the deadline. 

I’d buy this more except this concept didn’t work this year. How much confidence do you have in the GM to find useful veteran pieces at the trade deadline?

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

How do you feel about Romy, Jimmy? I'm feeling good about him based on his athleticism and how big of a jump he made last year. His potential upside seems higher than Yogurt. 

Big fan. Power and speed combo who plays CF and SS. I'd still add a 2B but he should be on the team for sure. I'd like for him to be the new Leury Garcia 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

If you want to go ahead and pre-blame Romy for 1-2 losses and possibly losing the division a year before it happens, have at it

Sign a good 2B and make Balta the manager, this team wins nearly 110 games

• bmags locked this topic