Offseason Thread

reiks12

21 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I think it could easily be competitive, and that history tells us over and over that projecting last year's results forward is a dangerous proposition.  Why would the Twins go from a division champ offensive juggernaut to one of the worst teams in baseball in one season?  Why would the Giants bust out and win the NL West?  Who the hell knows what happens next year.  The Twins could well make a few tweaks and return to form.  Detroit improved rapidly this season and will spend in the offseason.  The Royals are on the way up and could accelerate.  Cleveland's rotation could be scary, as somebody mentioned above.  I'd still take our divisional situation over most others but baseball is gonna baseball on us in unforeseen ways--that much I know.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I think that if Cleveland stayed relatively healthy the Sox miss the playoffs. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I think that if Cleveland stayed relatively healthy the Sox miss the playoffs. 

Naw, a 13 game difference in the standings is just too much of a difference to make up. The White Sox also pounded Cleveland in Chicago especially, and even faced off against Bieber and Plesac a couple times. A 5 game lead or so and I could believe that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, for all the previously stated reasons. Also, even if Cleveland won the division, we would have been a wild card team.

• bmags locked this topic