Thanks For 2021 Sox

hi8is

5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

As someone who was a toddler in 2005 and 2008, this is by far the most emotionally invested I've ever gotten in a Sox season. Last year just wasn't at this level. It was largely very rewarding, but the crash at the end hurts much more.

Being a sox fan who isn't old enough to have remembered 2005 is a ROUGH existence. Sorry bro.

• Like 1

Sox won the division easily then lost to the team that’s been in the ALCS for 5 years straight. They’re also the perfect counter to the Sox - they kill fastballs and don’t make mistakes. Could never build momentum except in game 3.

Going to enjoy this rivalry. Let’s hope we get our 08 blackout game moment against them next postseason.

• Like 1

Just now, almagest said:

Sox won the division easily then lost to the team that’s been in the ALCS for 5 years straight. They’re also the perfect counter to the Sox - they kill fastballs and don’t make mistakes. Could never build momentum except in game 3.

Going to enjoy this rivalry. Let’s hope we get our 08 blackout game moment against them next postseason.

Amen, brother. Fuck the Lastros forever.

30 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It didn’t end the way we wanted but considering how much adversity this group faced - we all enjoyed a lot of great moments this season.

GO SOX forever.

I'm with ya, can't agree with all the Sox fans down on this team, we're a few pieces away with great young talent...some folks acting as if the Sox just lost 100 games this season, lol. This is the beginning of our window, there will be better seasons soon...with that said, please retire TLR.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It was a fun season, no doubt.  It just sucks to have such high expectations go unrealized.

That's the problem, I had low expectations considering the relative inexperience compared to the Astros, cheating or not, they've been here before, this team is getting started.

15 minutes ago, Angel Hernandez said:

Division championship. That is cool I'll take it. 93 wins is great but we could've been better. It's a missed opportunity with this talented roster we've put together. I'm sad/mad more than positive right now.

Jesus what a low bar. It’s one thing if the division was competitive but overall yuck.

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Jesus what a low bar. It’s one thing if the division was competitive but overall yuck.

Dude literally said multiple times he was disappointed. I know this is expecting a lot but we really shouldn’t shit on each other.

Oops - guess I just did.

Welcome to Soxtalk!

Some great moments this year, Sheets’ game winner HR against the damn Twins, Billy’s awesome catch with my son and I in the stands in a rainy Minnesota, Rodon’s no no, the Field of Dreams walk off, the frenzied playoff crowds in Gms 3-4, some great stuff that happened in ‘21.

Edited by gogowsox
  • Like 1