Thanks For 2021 Sox

hi8is

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not sure what to think. 

Think of it this way: we won 93 games, won the division, gave Houston some concern in the ALDS, and have a TON of room for improvement. 

Lots of sun to see through the dense fog.

Anytime you win the division you did something special and I'm happy for that but something happened after the All Star break and I wish I were an expert and could analyze exactly why they were so mediocre in the second half and really outclassed by the Astros in the playoffs. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ptatc said:

What a fun and exciting year. Get wait to go to more games next year. Should be a fun team to watch again.

Wait a minute! You’re supposed to insult management, insult players, and insult posters here - how dare you!!!

6 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

From August 1 to the end of the season the Sox had a .561 winning percentage. 

I don’t get why people think we had a shitty second half. We had a shitty second half of July. 

We had that little streak at the end of the season but the rest of the second half wasn't the stuff Champions are made of.

1st half 54 -35

2nd half 39-34 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

I was accepted to this board in...August maybe?  Anyway...thanks for having me as a member!  Fun stuff!  It really was an enjoyable season even though we only saw the team at 2/3 strength for much of it!  Raise the expectations over the offseason and see what we can do in 22!  GO WHITE SOX!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

I was accepted to this board in...August maybe?  Anyway...thanks for having me as a member!  Fun stuff!  It really was an enjoyable season even though we only saw the team at 2/3 strength for much of it!  Raise the expectations over the offseason and see what we can do in 22!  GO WHITE SOX!!!

Welcome to Soxtalk!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

The Lastros shut that switch off.

488b0738d0722f71a2a75ede7b854a14.gif

Sad but true. I enjoyed the development of Sheets, AV until the rookie slump woes came....it was GREAT to see Luis destroying the ball when he returned, and Grandal too. There were some good times this season, April and May mostly, if we're being honest with ourselves. Crazy that the best run for the team, came when we had replacement level players starting every game.

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

488b0738d0722f71a2a75ede7b854a14.gif

Sad but true. I enjoyed the development of Sheets, AV until the rookie slump woes came....it was GREAT to see Luis destroying the ball when he returned, and Grandal too. There were some good times this season, April and May mostly, if we're being honest with ourselves. Crazy that the best run for the team, came when we had replacement level players starting every game.

Sadly our mid season additions were really liabilities.

Thanks to the team for a good year. As it turns out the Sox didn't need to acquire those Cubs relievers. Madrigal would be a nice pesky hitter to have around the next 10 years. Really the second half was so boring it's hard to appreciate the team for what it accomplished.

Tony ultimately failed. Whatever the Sox brass were trying to do the last month or so didn't work. Sox entered the postseason a mediocre team and got boatraced. Sox carried on the tradition of the Twins by getting ousted quickly.

Always enjoy winning the division. I guess since Sox won the division despite a lot of injuries the team deserves an A, barely escaping an A-minus. Somehow the team has to avoid all the hammy issues and other injuries in the future.

My advice: Get rid of Hernandez now. Rebuild the pitching staff. Figure out how you want to manage a pitching staff in the future. Having starters incapable of going more than 4 or 5 innings isn't a good formula to win anything of note. Our closer is OK; not as big a fan of the rest of the bullpen as some.

Final grade: A.

Key to future success: Moncada, Timmy, Abreu, Eloy, Robert, Grandal, Sheets, Burger, Vaughn, Kopech, Giolito, Liam, Cease. Trade Collins if you have no plans for him.

Edited by greg775

3 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Being a sox fan who isn't old enough to have remembered 2005 is a ROUGH existence. Sorry bro.

3 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

As someone who was a toddler in 2005 and 2008, this is by far the most emotionally invested I've ever gotten in a Sox season. Last year just wasn't at this level. It was largely very rewarding, but the crash at the end hurts much more.

In 2004 I started following baseball. I was 10. My grandpa (who was a Cubs fan...also RIP) was watching a Sox game one night and I saw big Frank hit a homerun. It absolutely hooked me. Next year, Sox won it all, that was it for me. Sox fan for life. I became diehard and even got my Grandpa to switch and become a Sox fan. Had they not won it, especially with the age I was...not sure I'd be a Sox fan today. How I long for those feelings again, especially with this group we have here.

5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

In 2004 I started following baseball. I was 10. My grandpa (who was a Cubs fan...also RIP) was watching a Sox game one night and I saw big Frank hit a homerun. It absolutely hooked me. Next year, Sox won it all, that was it for me. Sox fan for life. I became diehard and even got my Grandpa to switch and become a Sox fan. Had they not won it, especially with the age I was...not sure I'd be a Sox fan today. How I long for those feelings again, especially with this group we have here.

That's a great story, thanks for sharing.

There's nothing quite like being a kid and being a sports fan. The 2000 Sox were the first team that really got me hooked. That team was a ton of fun to watch. I watched Baseball Tonight on ESPN every night back then in the summer. Good times.

• Love 1

Sox made the playoffs a few different breaks and maybe they are in ALCS. They have a lot of young talent so next year should be fun.

Its rough because this team clearly had the talent to win it all, but for a bunch of reasons it didn't happen. But now its time for these players to take the next step, win the Central again and get another shot.

Next year is a put up or shut up type year for this franchise, 2 very underwhelming post seasons in a row. To many guys just disappeared in playoffs yet again. No home runs from a right handed batter in this series is very telling.

Edited by Soxfest

1 hour ago, Soxfest said:

Next year is a put up or shut up type year for this franchise, 2 very underwhelming post seasons in a row. To many guys just disappeared in playoffs yet again. No home runs from a right handed batter in this series is very telling.

Good post. As cheap as our favorite organization allegedly is and how poorly managed the squad has been except for Oz (in my opinion until he got Sunday lineup crazy), there is something special about the White Sox.

Frank Thomas was visibly p----d on the postgame show, shaking his head repeatedly. Even Frank who wound up playing for Oakland and Toronto is obviously a big White Sox fan. Maybe it's the incredible uniforms or the team's knowledgable diehard fans, or Jerry's loyalty to players, the guys who play for the Sox love the Sox forever.

So win next year baby. If the Sox tank next season either in the regular season or first round it will be extremely disappointing. Somebody has to figure out modern baseball in our organization and put together a plan pitching wise that works. The team defense at catcher could certainly improve and whoever takes over in RF better be a slugger and not a sieve defensively. We enter the offseason stumbling a bit as Madrigal would have been a nice piece in this lineup and now we need to find somebody acceptable, yes a bit better than super utiility man Leury. Get rid of Kimbrel somehow and build back a better bullpen.

Personally I'd ask Tony to go away and pick a damn fine manager for once. Ozzie would be great but that's not happening. Don't name a former player or former sox manager if it's not Ozzie this time. Cmon Sox, next year is your year. The Central blows chunks.

Edited by greg775

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Good post. As cheap as our favorite organization allegedly is and how poorly managed the squad has been except for Oz (in my opinion until he got Sunday lineup crazy), there is something special about the White Sox.

Frank Thomas was visibly p----d on the postgame show, shaking his head repeatedly. Even Frank who wound up playing for Oakland and Toronto is obviously a big White Sox fan. Maybe it's the incredible uniforms or the team's knowledgable diehard fans, or Jerry's loyalty to players, the guys who play for the Sox love the Sox forever.

So win next year baby. If the Sox tank next season either in the regular season or first round it will be extremely disappointing. Somebody has to figure out modern baseball in our organization and put together a plan pitching wise that works. The team defense at catcher could certainly improve and whoever takes over in RF better be a slugger and not a sieve defensively. We enter the offseason stumbling a bit as Madrigal would have been a nice piece in this lineup and now we need to find somebody acceptable, yes a bit better than super utiility man Leury. Get rid of Kimbrel somehow and build back a better bullpen.

Personally I'd ask Tony to go away and pick a damn fine manager for once. Ozzie would be great but that's not happening. Don't name a former player or former sox manager if it's not Ozzie this time. Cmon Sox, next year is your year. The Central blows chunks.

IMO Ozzie is a great manager for when you have the pieces to win. He's not a great manager during a rebuild. Next season would be PERFECT for him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

It didn’t end the way we wanted but considering how much adversity this group faced - we all enjoyed a lot of great moments this season.

GO SOX forever.

We had some really great times this season. J think 2022 is the year of the Sox. Our youngsters have gained much needed experience and we will be healthy and hungry