Rick Hahn 2021 End of Season Press Conference

South Side Hit Men

One really interesting thing to note is that the Mets are looking for a President of baseball ops, and we have at least one guy who has applied for those jobs in the past in Kenny Williams, and another one who interviewed for their GM job back in 2010 when he was still Ast GM of the Sox in Rick Hahn.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

One really interesting thing to note is that the Mets are looking for a President of baseball ops, and we have at least one guy who has applied for those jobs in the past.

So what you are saying is that hopefully Rick Hahn starts the press conference by saying he is committed to staying with the ball club and taking them to the next level....which is what every mid major college basketball coach says right before taking their next job.

• Haha 1

Just now, wegner said:

So what you are saying is that hopefully Rick Hahn starts the press conference by saying he is committed to staying with the ball club and taking them to the next level....which is what every mid major college basketball coach says right before taking their next job.

In the back of my mind, if there really is any truth the to the idea that Kenny/Rick had one plan last off season, and then Jerry intervened with TLR, this could be the chance for either of them to leave for a "Promotion" and not arouse a higher than normal level of questions about why they left now.  I have ZERO idea how either man felt about Tony being put into the mix by Jerry, or if either/both might be interested in the Mets job, but it is a footnote worth taking at this stage of the off season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

In the back of my mind, if there really is any truth the to the idea that Kenny/Rick had one plan last off season, and then Jerry intervened with TLR, this could be the chance for either of them to leave for a "Promotion" and not arouse a higher than normal level of questions about why they left now.  I have ZERO idea how either man felt about Tony being put into the mix by Jerry, or if either/both might be interested in the Mets job, but it is a footnote worth taking at this stage of the off season.

If Rick Hahn was to move on, what is the most likely scenario:

A)  Kenny moves back in to the job

B)  LaRussa moves up to the job

C)  Next Man up in the organization...Getz?

D)  Bring in Someone from outside the organization.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

One really interesting thing to note is that the Mets are looking for a President of baseball ops, and we have at least one guy who has applied for those jobs in the past in Kenny Williams, and another one who interviewed for their GM job back in 2010 when he was still Ast GM of the Sox in Rick Hahn.

Hopefully Jerry does the right thing and allows either to interview for a promotion if they so desired.

Jerry blocked Kenny previously when Toronto tried to hire Kenny to replace Jerry's friend Paul Beeston as Toronto Blue Jays President several years ago.

11 minutes ago, wegner said:

If Rick Hahn was to move on, what is the most likely scenario:

A)  Kenny moves back in to the job

B)  LaRussa moves up to the job

C)  Next Man up in the organization...Getz?

D)  Bring in Someone from outside the organization.

Honestly?  I think it would be B

I think LaRussa will be offered the GM job. I doubt he wants that and I doubt he wants to Manage next year.

Assuming that is the case, will Hahn be brought back as GM? I sincerely hope not. I have grown tired of Hahn promising "multiple champioships.

Talent evaluation prior to Drafts has been horrible. The Sox could have had Trea Turner and players other than Madrigal and Vaughn, who may not end up being all he was cracked up to be.  I know that is heresy among Vaughn  fans  but time will tell.

I think the Madrigal and Heuer to the Cubs  for Kimbrel debacle probably sealed Hahn's fate.

Not sure about potential GM candidates but there are several , maybe even including Theo.

So no LaRussa and no Hahn. Make them scapegoats (deservedly or not) and  move forward.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tray said:

I think LaRussa will be offered the GM job. I doubt he wants that and I doubt he wants to Manage next year.

Assuming that is the case, will Hahn be brought back as GM? I sincerely hope not. I have grown tired of Hahn promising "multiple champioships.

Talent evaluation prior to Drafts has been horrible. The Sox could have had Trea Turner and players other than Madrigal and Vaughn, who may not end up being all he was cracked up to be.  I know that is heresy among Vaughn  fans  but time will tell.

I think the Madrigal and Heuer to the Cubs  for Kimbrel debacle probably sealed Hahn's fate.

Not sure about potential GM candidates but there are several , maybe even including Theo.

So no LaRussa and no Hahn. Make them scapegoats (deservedly or not) and  move forward.

Theo wants to get into ownership. 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Yeah, being a GM under an ultra rich Steve Cohen sounds pretty attractive...

Yes, but do you want your owner joining fans to trash you and your team on Twitter after a bad game?

Fans may think winning is everything, but working in a good environment, for good people, in a good organization, trumps winning a "piece of metal". You spend thousands of hours at work, a good situation means everything. 

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I doubt any big changes are coming. La Russa is staying. He has a 3 year deal. Hahn will stay because the team is really good and I doubt he wants to move. Kenny is in a great spot too. Business as usual. 

3 year deal, jesus... I didn't realize he signed for that long.

• Like 1

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, but do you want your owner joining fans to trash you and your team on Twitter after a bad game?

Fans may think winning is everything, but working in a good environment, for good people, in a good organization, trumps winning a "piece of metal". You spend thousands of hours at work, a good situation means everything. 

Trump has won more metal than you can imagine. He has a solid gold toilet after all. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I doubt any big changes are coming. La Russa is staying. He has a 3 year deal. Hahn will stay because the team is really good and I doubt he wants to move. Kenny is in a great spot too. Business as usual. 

Probably right but I hope not.